Portable Gear: Free to a Deserving Home
Feb 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #33 of 131
Wow! The niceness of people amazes me. Seriously, you deserve a big hug for doing this!

Count me in BTW. A nice headamp would be awesome for my portable setup! It would complete the picture perfectly! And a good IEM replacement for my Marshmallows would rock! Specially something as good as the UM2. I wouldn't be able to hear a THING when mowing the lawn with them!
biggrin.gif

Ooop forgot about posting a fav song
biggrin.gif
.... Damn this is hard to pic, but I guess I have to go for this:
Beautiful Day by U2. While it is mastered TERRIBLY, I love the melody and everything else about it, enough to ignore how congested it sounds.

Thanks again for doing this!

Feb 24, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #39 of 131
This is awesome!
I know I feel like I will owe jdimitri for a long long time to come, but I hope someday I can do the same. =) Definitely a great community (and fun to see what your favorite songs are too).

Good luck everyone!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #40 of 131
Don't really have an all time favorite, but here's one that comes up in my mind

Tech N9ne - Worst Enemy

Anyway, I know I have plenty of portables, as that's nearly all I have, but it takes me an extremely long time to build funds for upgrades. I've built up $30 after a month
blink.gif
. If I were to win, I'd give away the setup I currently have.

Feb 24, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #41 of 131
Count me in! Been wanting to try an amp!

Hmm...favorite song....

Daniel by Elton John

And Elton is of course my favorite, but it could just be great synergy with these Senns...

Feb 24, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #42 of 131
I have my portable rig that I want now, so i dont need to enter in this thing, but wow, what an amazing(ly crazy!) guy you are!

Feb 24, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #45 of 131
Hey, this is awesome- hopefully some day I'll be in a position to come back and do this for headfi!

My Shure e4c's were stolen, so I don't have a portable rig right now....I am a poor college student though
wink.gif

My favorite piece would have to be Rachmaninoff Piano concerto #2 played by Van Cliburn with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Reiner Conducting. Sorry it's not more mainstream, but the magnitude of the recording is really astounding.

EDIT:wow, it must have been a little to late posting this- Piano concerto, not symphony...duh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back