Portable Gear: Free to a Deserving Home
Feb 24, 2007 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 131

Afrikane

1000+ Head-Fier
I really liked jdimitri’s idea of a giveaway aimed at noobs. It is a really cool thing to able to give someone a start on the road to sonic bliss.
My lifestyle does not allow me to do much listening on the go and thus this portable rig does not get much use at all. I have used it perhaps 7 or so times. The rig I am going to giveaway consists of the following: Xin Supermacro3 V6 in stock form; Coby AC/DC adaptor; Westone UM2 IEMs, some new tips and the carry case; Sendstation PocketDock USB for iPod users.
The rules of entry are pretty standard; you registered on Head-Fi before January 2007 (inclusive of Jan) you have eked out 50 posts or more. Shipping is on me, customs and excise should it be levied is not.
This time I am doing the draw a little differently, a name will be drawn blind, that name will be profile scoured and if I deem that member worthy he/she wins the gear. If the name drawn does not have a filled in profile I draw a new name and start again. Worthiness points I will consider: you have been registered on Head-Fi for 4 months or less; you don’t’ have a portable rig; you do have one but no portable amp; perhaps you are a student on a tight budget; at least one of your posts was in the music section. I know this looks arbitrary and to a degree it is, I intend to find a recipient that can and will use this rig.
If you want to be considered just post the name of your all time favourite song and the artist in this thread. The draw will take place sometime in the evening (GMT+2) on Monday the 26th.
FLASH UPDATE:I have reconsidered the join date and post count requirements: This giveaway is now open to those who have joined in February 2007; the post count requirement has been lowered to 20 or more. Worthiness points and other requirements remain as stated. The cutoff will be extended to late this Monday evening.
What you are playing for:
IMG_6237.jpg

Feb 24, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 131
Wow! One one the best give-aways ever!
Afrikane, you rock.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 131
Afrikane, Your generosity amazes me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After just taking delivery of my senn 650s kindly donated by yourself and VOLTRON, I hope these find another worthy recipient.

PS Lovin' the senns

Feb 24, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #5 of 131
Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse!

I've been planning to get a pair of IEMs for awhile now (the HJE50 is too harsh, so I haven't used my iPod in quite some time), but couldn't due to financial limitations. If I win I'll give the HJE50s away, and maybe the amp/dock combo depending on if carrying them around is practical
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #8 of 131
Your generosity stuns me to silence. You are a true gent. Unfortunately i have what to me is the ultimate portable (still eyeing UE-10's tho
wink.gif
). So i wont be entering this fantastic giveaway.

Feb 24, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #9 of 131
Count me in!

My other portable rig (KSC75 lol) broke after 10 head-fi-less months, and my iPod has been lonely.

I'm a jobless high school student and I've never owned an IEM or an amp in my life... *crosses fingers*

By the way, to everyone doing giveaways: YOU GUYS ROCK!!! It's such a nice gesture to the less-rich like me
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Okay, the last time I'm changing this. My favorite song is

"Poor Places" - Wilco

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #12 of 131
Wow, your generosity never ceases to amaze me, kudos to you!

I think I'm eligible, so here's my favourite song:

Metallica - One

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #13 of 131
oh. My. Goodness, it must be fate! i just had my portable rig violently stolen from me! (see link in sig). *prays*

oh, yeah. erm. Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Sleep is Wrong (at the moment)

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #14 of 131
My goodness, never seen such a giveaway before. Your generosity never ceases to amaze me.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks!

Going Home -- Kenny G

Feb 24, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #15 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrikane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to be considered just post the name of your all time favourite song and the artist in this thread.

Very nice gesture! But the requirement is really difficult!
lambda.gif
I can't think of just one song to be my all-time favorite!

Oh well. I will mention Paco de Lucía's Entre dos aguas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back