Portable Gear: Free to a Deserving Home
Feb 24, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #16 of 131
Hey, I don't qualify because of too few posts etc. etc., but having stumbled on your RS-1 giveaway thread a few days ago and now this, I just want to say Afrikane seems like one cool guy. Nice to be part of a community with people like this.

Mike

Feb 24, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #17 of 131
Once again, the generosity of Head-Fi members is astounding. Kudos to you, Afrikane.

My current rig? Well, I got a new Nano for XMas so that's my source. No amp yet but I've been researching them and it's only a matter of time. For headphones, I gravitate towards the bang-for-the-buck gear. I switch between Koss KSC75s, JVC Marshmallows, Sennheiser MX500s (occasionally) and JBL Reference 220s. I've also got Sennheiser HD410SL from the mid-80's that I use regularly at home.

Favorite song? Kinda hard to say. I've got several, depending on my mood. If pressed, I'd single out 'Rude Mood' by Stevie Ray Vaughan as one of my top contenders. I really like the solo version off the Live at Carnegie Hall cd.

Feb 24, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #18 of 131
Great package, Afrikane! I'm not participating because I don't qualify. I'm sure the equipment will find it's way to the most deserving Head-Fi'er.

With so many give-aways happening, it's getting to the point that a spreadsheet should be created to track all of these great donations. Where else on the Internet do you find a community this giving? Nowhere!

Feb 24, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #19 of 131
Wow so many give aways in my short time here. Head-Fi is really a special community. I too don't think I can have an all-time favorite song since my musical interests span a couple genres so if I had to pick just one it would be the one I'm listening to right now.

High and Dry by Radiohead

Feb 24, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #20 of 131
I'd just like to say, very generous thread. It's really nice to see someone helping out someone else. Especially someone they scarcely know.

In the Ghetto - Elvis

Feb 24, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #24 of 131
I would love a great portable rig like this, but I just wouldn't feel right entering.
biggrin.gif

Afrikane, you're the man. Your generosity just never ends.
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck to all of you.

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #27 of 131
Holy crap batman, this giveaway is ridiculous. I could use this rig on my monthly flights and daily walks home from school.

Favorite song, Bagatelle in A minor also known as Fur Elise composed by Beethoven, in my mind the composer is the artist.

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #29 of 131
Wow yet another great example of why this forum is so great.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #30 of 131
I gotta say, just when I am starting to think old Head-Fi is becoming more of a place to argue than connect, I see this post. Wow, good luck everyone!

Favorite (right now) Gagging Order - Radiohead (Com Lag)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back