Portable, comfy, on-ear recommendation. Maybe over-ear
May 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Christo4

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys.
I want to get a pair of headphones, preferably on-ear(i wear glasses, works better with them), but they have to be really comfy. I have tried only 2 pairs of on-ear headphones, but they both hurt after half an hour, the ATH SJ-33 and Sennheiser Momentum.
With over-ear headphones i can't wear glasses because they press on the rims and then it hurts. Maybe there are a pair or two that are more comfortable though?
I would like for them to be closed, because i wouldn't like disturbing people around me.
I would like a low-budget (<100euro) and a high-budget recommendation (>100euro), becasue if there is a pair that costs less then i will keep my current headphones (but they are studio ones, not really good for being portable), but if they cost more i will give my old pair to my brother and get the new ones.
Any input appreciated, thank you!

May 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 7
Funnily enough I spent the day travelling from London to Amsterdam and used my Amperior's plus sunglasses for about 4 hours, worked great for me and I love the sound from them and use them more than my Momentum's...they're an on ear design with minimal sound leakage and I can use for at least 90 mins at a time.

May 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 7
It would help if you could say what kind of music you listen to, would narrow down the search a bit.
Anyway from the top of my head i can list

<100 euro
Philips Downtown (very comfortable)
JVC HA-S500 (this one seems the be very popular 'round here so i highly suggest you check some reviews on it)
JVC HA-S400 (a a little smaller that the 500 but also highly praised)
Logitech UE4000 (seems to have nice reviews, also got a removable cable)

>100 euro
Sennheiser Amperior
Sennheiser HD25-1 II
Beyerdynamic DT 1350
AIAIAI TMA-1
V-Moda M80

All of the >100 euro ones are amazing headphones, so you can't choose wrong among them. If you want to get one read the reviews to see what headphone suit your preference in sound.

May 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #7 of 7
Between them all i feel that the most comfortable would be like this DT1350>Momentum>V-moda M80>Amperior. I wasn't that good with the Amperior because to me the clamping force was too high.

I must also mention my head is also slightly bigger than average and i also have fairly big ears. So my feeling of comfort is probably different from yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back