Portable cans for bass and bass only?
May 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #31 of 39
Beyerdynamic 1350. Bass is flat all the way down and will shake you like a earthquake and the highs are not strong very smooth so they will not get in your way. Very portable too. Awesome bass really.

May 13, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #32 of 39

Quote:
Beyerdynamic 1350. Bass is flat all the way down and will shake you like a earthquake and the highs are not strong very smooth so they will not get in your way. Very portable too. Awesome bass really.

What other cans have you compared the bass of the DT1350's to?

One person's "earthquake bass" can be another person's (probably me) "bass light".

May 13, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #34 of 39
More than enough. Trust me.

May 13, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #36 of 39

Quote:
If you've been in big quakes where the earth feels like its liquifying and the waves are in total control then you will know its not "light bass".

Lol thanks for not actually answering my question! I only ask because in the DT1350 thread I can't find anyone saying it is a particularly bassy can. I read one opinion saying it has less punch than the HD25.

May 13, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #37 of 39
Lol thanks for not actually answering my question! I only ask because in the DT1350 thread I can't find anyone saying it is a particularly bassy can. I read one opinion saying it has less punch than the HD25.

Its not "bassy" and punch is not a word I would use. I would say that when the bass is there you will hear it if its hearable and feel it if its feelable. You might be looking for colorations that fake bass responses at certain frequencies but when you are ready for real bass with authority like no other then the 1350.

May 16, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #39 of 39
What about the Denon AH-D1100.

Review here http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/539778/review-denon-ah-d1100

"First Opinion: When i first looked at it, i thought that it looks very nice, with Metal plating and Leather headbands. Sure it does not draw attention like the Beats but, the sound totally compensates for that."

"The Soundstage on this is really incredible, considering that this is a Closed Headphone. The Bass on this is very unique, in between a Nail-gunish "Thack" and a Boomy "Thump"."

"Honestly, this "may" beat the Monster Beats Solo in terms of Bass."

Too much Bass for me, am considering doing a Markl type mod to tame it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back