Portable Amp, which to go with?
Oct 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Wydz

Head-Fier
Hey guys, first off I'd like to say I love this forum, and this will be my first post of many here, and I turn into an audio guy and build a collection

Been lurking the last few weeks while researching which headphones to go with

I have a $300ish budget and have decided to go with the ATH M50's, now I need to find an amp, and am in need of some help.

I've narrowed it down to everything FiiO:

E6
Olympus E10
E17
E09K

I'm currently using an HP G7-2323DX Laptop, so can anyone help me out with my choice and why?

Random Edit: with the M50's, my ears from top to bottom are 2.5inches roughly, will the m50's fit me fine?

Oct 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 3
Forgive my lack of a specific suggestion, I have not had the opportunity to use any of the amps on your narrowed list.  That being said, perhaps I can ease your worry a bit by telling you that I have a pair of M50s and they sound really good no matter what I find to plug em into.  At this very moment I'm listening to my M50s while streaming tunes through my phone, which I am then piping into my iBasso D10 via USB.  Grin goes ear to ear. 

I imagine you will be very happy with which ever amp you decide to go with.  

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 3
Hey guys, first off I'd like to say I love this forum, and this will be my first post of many here, and I turn into an audio guy and build a collection

Been lurking the last few weeks while researching which headphones to go with

I have a $300ish budget and have decided to go with the ATH M50's, now I need to find an amp, and am in need of some help.

I've narrowed it down to everything FiiO:

E6
Olympus E10
E17
E09K

I'm currently using an HP G7-2323DX Laptop, so can anyone help me out with my choice and why?

Random Edit: with the M50's, my ears from top to bottom are 2.5inches roughly, will the m50's fit me fine?

300 budget? Get the:
jvc s500 - 50 bucks
Hifimediy dac - 50 bucks
E12 fiio amp - 120 bucks

Or

Jvc s500
Fiio x3 player - 180 (also has a USB dac feature that's coming with the new firmware)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back