Portable Amp for HF2 ($200 or less: PB1 balanced, D4, T3, Mini^3, other?)
Oct 25, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
If i go with The toucan, i will also rewire the heaphones, im okay with that.

Hiflight, you have all the iBasso amps im looking at, How does The pb1 with balanced headphones compare tp The other ones (only considering sq of The amp part, nothing else)

Thanks!

Antoine

IMO, the combination of the balanced Boomslang/Toucan is sonically at the top of the list.  (compared to the other iBasso amps with stock opamps)

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #17 of 19
Hello,

Thanks for your answer!

Is there a huge difference between D10 and D4?
What is the better amp, between D10, D4 and T3 (only the amp, part, I'm not considering DAC)

I'm only going to use the PB1 without the Boomslang, is it still worth the price? I'm still wondering about the Mini^3 (not considering the bang for your bucks aspect, only sq), I guess the PB1 with balanced headphones will be much better than the Mini3

Thanks,

Antoine

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #18 of 19
The HF2s are very easy to drive, so there is no need to worry about having a powerful amp...it really all depends on what you are needing and desire.
The D4 cannot be beat, great DAC and amp (especially with hiflight's opamps)...however balanced the toucan is amazing too! Then you would need a DAC too...and to quote Hiflight:

the combination of the balanced Boomslang/Toucan is sonically at the top of the list.  (compared to the other iBasso amps with stock opamps)

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #19 of 19

hellomoto said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

If i go with The toucan, i will also rewire the heaphones, im okay with that.

Hiflight, you have all the iBasso amps im looking at, How does The pb1 with balanced headphones compare tp The other ones (only considering sq of The amp part, nothing else)

Thanks!

Antoine

Thanks for your instruction! It's good for reference, It is just the solution for my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back