My 3 options at the moment are

Hifime 9018 dac + Topping NX1
Cheap , not that portable. Sound ?!

Fiio Q1
Portable, Cheap and good Sound

Beyerdynamic A200p
Very portable, 150 € (Limit) and good / excellent sound

Hard decision. Think the Q1 is the best idea for my Sennis

I personally prefer daps or the dac + player thing is already a no for me... Out of beyerdynamic and fiio id go with fiio only caz they can make better daps for the price unlike beyerdynamic who are pretty expensive for the really good daps and sound equipment...

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #32 of 44
No, amp module is actually a detachable, swappable and upgradable hardware module to the DAP itself. No software involved.

If you have a budget of $350, then X7 will be way too expensive to even consider. But if you ever want to consider an amp/DAC instead of a DAP, the OPPO HA-2 will be excellent choice in your budget.

Should I be considering the x5 2nd gen or the x3 2nd Gen or dx90 or is dx80 the best DAP at the price?

Thanks!

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #33 of 44
Should I be considering the x5 2nd gen or the x3 2nd Gen or dx90 or is dx80 the best DAP at the price?

Thanks!

X5II and DX90 are both excellent, X3II will be a small step down from both. Can't really comment on DX80 as I haven't heard it.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #36 of 44
Are there any other daps that are worth considering like hifiman or cayin sparks...?

There are more audiophiles DAP than I can ever remember, hard to say which of them is really worth considering as most of them seem pretty good by spec alone.

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #40 of 44
this topic is relevant for me.

i usually listen to my music thru streaming now...since discovering services
like spotify, tidal (etc) i can't  be bothered to spend hrs at my computer ripping things over.
...love the easy access to so many songs that I don't have to own and let's me explore new venues, too.

but I also realize that most streaming is not top quality audio wise....is there a way to integrate
a dap and smartphone (i have a nexus 5) together so I can stream audio (say spotify or whatever)
and get better quality sound?  I'd love a dap if it offered wifi, but most don't 
(heard rumours that A&K was working something out with Tidal on this matter...but can't confirm).

i'm  holding back as I haven't found a clear cut solution, despite hearing good things on DAP sound quality.

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #41 of 44
interesting article on the future portable audio.

http://cymbacavum.com/2015/05/13/the-biz-where-is-portable-audio-going-an-overview-of-the-new-age-dap-market/

Quote:

like spotify, tidal (etc) i can't  be bothered to spend hrs at my computer ripping things over.
...love the easy access to so many songs that I don't have to own and let's me explore new venues, too.

but I also realize that most streaming is not top quality audio wise....is there a way to integrate
a dap and smartphone (i have a nexus 5) together so I can stream audio (say spotify or whatever)
and get better quality sound?  I'd love a dap if it offered wifi, but most don't 
(heard rumours that A&K was working something out with Tidal on this matter...but can't confirm).

i'm  holding back as I haven't found a clear cut solution, despite hearing good things on DAP sound quality.

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #42 of 44

Hey!
I am new to streaming music over wifi but what I am sure of is that no music sold on popular sites are of Flac grade...
However if you are only looking for a DAP that is wifi enabled.. You much check out the fiio x7!
DAPs aren't used by mainstream consumers and are only used by a minority who really care about the music they listen to... That's why mainstream features like wifi are being held back as consumers are afraid that it might come at the expense of lowered sound quality...

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #43 of 44
thanks techgamer....i'm obviously 'out of it' and dont' fully comprehend the different files and how they can or cant' be
transmitted so easily...wifi or not.....still trying to sort things out on my own, too.

i've heard of the Fiio x7..but some have critiqued it for being overpriced.

this article (which i also started in another thread) casts some interesting ideas on where portable audio might be headed
ie the LG V10, Samsung Galaxy S7 etc

http://www.head-fi.org/t/789729/interesting-article-where-is-portable-audio-going-an-overview-of-the-new-age-dap-market-and-smartphones

http://cymbacavum.com/2015/05/13/the-biz-where-is-portable-audio-going-an-overview-of-the-new-age-dap-market/
Quote:
Hey!
I am new to streaming music over wifi but what I am sure of is that no music sold on popular sites are of Flac grade...
However if you are only looking for a DAP that is wifi enabled.. You much check out the fiio x7!
DAPs aren't used by mainstream consumers and are only used by a minority who really care about the music they listen to... That's why mainstream features like wifi are being held back as consumers are afraid that it might come at the expense of lowered sound quality...

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #44 of 44
Hey!

Tidal streams flac grade music online today.
DX100 DAP released a few years ago has WiFi enabled and plays really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back