Portable AMP + DAC or a DAP...??
Nov 26, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #17 of 44
You can say the same on A&K and iBasso, except the fact that they didn't let you choose how to use the DAP. I stick strictly to music mode on the X7 and didn't have wifi turn on at all, so it works just like a dedicate DAP. I think it is all in your mind.

Well I am fine with more features until the Sq isn't being compromised!

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #18 of 44
Well I am fine with more features until the Sq isn't being compromised!

I don't think anyone who have carefully listened to an X7 will say SQ is in anyway compromised. In fact, I just compared my X7 to some A&K DAP this morning and I can say X7 stands up to AK380 and the new AK320 quite well*, easily above AK240.

* with the IEM module, and I do think X7 still has room for improvement with future amp module release.

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #19 of 44
I don't think anyone who have carefully listened to an X7 will say SQ is in anyway compromised. In fact, I just compared my X7 to some A&K DAP this morning and I can say X7 stands up to AK380 and the new AK320 quite well*, easily above AK240.

* with the IEM module, and I do think X7 still has room for improvement with future amp module release.

But the x7 isn't out yet right?
And I am new to this so I don't know what you said about the amp module will it be rectified in the mass release version?

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #20 of 44
Hey Guys,

I am new here. My name is Florian, living in Vienna Austria.

Hope the Threadowner is ok with me posting in his Thread

I own a pair of beautiful sounding IE 800(which ive got as a real bargain)

My Portable Audio Setup was a
Ipod 3rd Gen + Topping NX1

I was really happy with this setup but unfortunately all my LOD Cables die in 2-3 Weeks...

At the moment im using the Ies on a Lg Flex 2. It doesnt sound bad eiter. But i think there is a lot of potential!

Also i like the idea of a smartphone as a musicplayer more (spotify....)

Do u have any recommendations for me?

I could get a used Costroy Astrapi for 60 bucks. But i think this isnt really a big step forward.

Hrt Microstreamer? ( A little bit expensive)

Or a litte Dac like the Hifime + Topping Nx1.

Thanks for your advice and help

Greetings from Vienna

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #21 of 44
But the x7 isn't out yet right?
And I am new to this so I don't know what you said about the amp module will it be rectified in the mass release version?

X7 is already out in China. International release should be soon, as in a month or so.

The current IEM module will be the stock module that will come with every X7, there are at least 3 more amp modules that will be release - mid power, high power as well as balanced amp module. FiiO is also looking for third party to develop other amp modules.

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #22 of 44
X7 is already out in China. International release should be soon, as in a month or so.

The current IEM module will be the stock module that will come with every X7, there are at least 3 more amp modules that will be release - mid power, high power as well as balanced amp module. FiiO is also looking for third party to develop other amp modules.

So correct me if I am wrong amp modules are basically software related and can be fixed through updates right? (really don't mind that)

And one last question should I get the x7 or the dx80 or any other suggestions at around $350... And what's the price of the x7s..?

Thanks a ton for your help!

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #23 of 44
Hey Guys,

I am new here. My name is Florian, living in Vienna Austria.

Hope the Threadowner is ok with me posting in his Thread

I own a pair of beautiful sounding IE 800(which ive got as a real bargain)

My Portable Audio Setup was a
Ipod 3rd Gen + Topping NX1

I was really happy with this setup but unfortunately all my LOD Cables die in 2-3 Weeks...

At the moment im using the Ies on a Lg Flex 2. It doesnt sound bad eiter. But i think there is a lot of potential!

Also i like the idea of a smartphone as a musicplayer more (spotify....)

Do u have any recommendations for me?

I could get a used Costroy Astrapi for 60 bucks. But i think this isnt really a big step forward.

Hrt Microstreamer? ( A little bit expensive)

Or a litte Dac like the Hifime + Topping Nx1.

Thanks for your advice and help

Greetings from Vienna

Well I am OK with you posting here... :)
If you like the smartphone music player and apps like Spotify you should check out the Fiio x7...its an android based DAP... Smartphones don't real power ie800s which are top of the line Earphones.. And the Sq on any smartphone is only mediocre as the companies don't really care about hifi audio...

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #24 of 44
Hey Techgamer!

Thx :)

Yeah i did take a look at the X7.

Looks like a really nice piece of teck.
Only problem is. As a music student my budget isnt that high

The used Sennheiser did cost me only 130 Bucks O.o.
(didnt know what he was selling )

The Microstreamer looks really neat.

Yeah u are right. Many Companies try to make the Audio as cheap as possible...

I bought my dad a Fiio E10k for his new Dunu 1000. What a wonderful combo.

I also tried mine on the Dac.
Sounded a lot better

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #25 of 44
Hey Techgamer!

Thx :)

Yeah i did take a look at the X7.

Looks like a really nice piece of teck.
Only problem is. As a music student my budget isnt that high

The used Sennheiser did cost me only 130 Bucks O.o.
(didnt know what he was selling )

The Microstreamer looks really neat.

Yeah u are right. Many Companies try to make the Audio as cheap as possible...

I bought my dad a Fiio E10k for his new Dunu 1000. What a wonderful combo.

I also tried mine on the Dac.
Sounded a lot better

Wow! That is one hell of a deal!

If your budgets low you could probably consider Fiio ones which are not and druid or the Hifiman hm700 but I am not sure if they could power your ie800 to their fullest...
I think at your price point... A dac Cum amp would suit you best but only if you can bypass the internal audio equipment of your smartphone...

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #26 of 44
Hey!

Thx for the help.

Just found this new Hifime Dac http://hifimediy.com/Sabre-9018-DAC

I think the Dac + My Topping Nx1 semms like a promising Combo

The Smartphone is Usb Otg Capable so i should Work

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #28 of 44
So correct me if I am wrong amp modules are basically software related and can be fixed through updates right? (really don't mind that)

And one last question should I get the x7 or the dx80 or any other suggestions at around $350... And what's the price of the x7s..?

Thanks a ton for your help!

No, amp module is actually a detachable, swappable and upgradable hardware module to the DAP itself. No software involved.

If you have a budget of $350, then X7 will be way too expensive to even consider. But if you ever want to consider an amp/DAC instead of a DAP, the OPPO HA-2 will be excellent choice in your budget.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #29 of 44
Hey !

My 3 options at the moment are

Hifime 9018 dac + Topping NX1
Cheap , not that portable. Sound ?!

Fiio Q1
Portable, Cheap and good Sound

Beyerdynamic A200p
Very portable, 150 € (Limit) and good / excellent sound

Hard decision. Think the Q1 is the best idea for my Sennis

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #30 of 44
No, amp module is actually a detachable, swappable and upgradable hardware module to the DAP itself. No software involved.

If you have a budget of $350, then X7 will be way too expensive to even consider. But if you ever want to consider an amp/DAC instead of a DAP, the OPPO HA-2 will be excellent choice in your budget.

Oh DAMN! I was of the impression that the x7 is priced at around 350 Bucks as someone told me so...
Anyways I am not interested in dac +amp caz it's just too much bulk on the go... So is the dx80 the best DAP at around 350 Bucks or are there better ones at the price range?

Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back