Portable Amp by Sennheiser - would you buy one?
Dec 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GSARider

2013 London, UK meet organiser
I had an interesting chat during the week with a nice chap from Sennheiser who felt the reason they haven't made a portable amp / dac is because they didn't think there was much demand.

So head-fi gurus, would you or would you not be interested in a good quality portable amp/dac from Sennheiser...vote on the poll please...

Dec 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 7
I wouldn't, but then I stopped using a portable amp since I got decent portable headphones...
It's not like you'll hear the difference in your average commute anyway so I think the money is better spent towards a better headphone.

Dec 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 7
I have use a RSA Hornet before, but don't think the hassle of charging and stuffing it somewhere adds up to added sound quality. Some headphones will appreciate it, I know my K271S and to some extent SR125's did, but many meant for portable use won't. 
IEM's may be different, no experience there. 

Transportable or small desktop designs may be interesting for me though. Think O2 dec/amp with better input/output design.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #6 of 7
Sennheiser have an event this evening at the Regent Street Apple Store this evening and my office is just around the corner, so I'll pop in- DJ Sinclair will be there and Sennheiser staff will be on hand, I'll see if I can mention this, but any other comments / thoughts / votes on the poll would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back