Porcupine Tree - "The Incident"
Sep 21, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #361 of 431
NO! That was one of the major let downs for me. They didnt have squat for sale. The Incident "ART PRINT" which is just an A4 sized (maybe slightly larger) print out of the cover of the album was being sold for 15$! Ridiculous. It wasnt even that good in terms of quality and it shouldve been given away for free IMO.

There was Blackfield, and Live in NYC, and some cd's of the opening act which wasnt really very good and infact an odd choice for a Prog rock/metal concert. It was an improv show by one guy with a one string bass made of a metal pipe and lot of triggers and looping equipment. Think Primus meets Nuclear Rabbit meets techno. Way too much bass, gave most people a headache even before the main show started. Very odd choice indeed.

The Tshirts were nothing special, nothing exclusive, I've seen them before. So dont expect to find any special merchandise. I was hoping for an autographed copy of the album (like I got Deadwing the last time around) but was sorely dissapointed. Atleast an autographed "Art Print" of the cover for 15$ wouldve been nice, I wouldve paid for that!

Oh and I drive the hearse was also very nice Live. It was very intimate and personal and came out strong.

"The Incident" song as such didnt present itself very well live, Wesley doing the "I want to be loved" parts and the heavy bits in the end ended up being a bit noisy and incoherent.

Sep 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #362 of 431
I too attended the concert of Friday the 18th. This was my first time seeing the band live and boy was I impressed. I think the set-list could have had a few songs swapped but overall it was a great performance. The 55 min song from the incident was good but I felt it got a bit slow at time. I also wished they played from of the songs on the second disc like Black Dahlia and Remember Me lover which are great songs. Anesthetize and buying a new soul were the highlights for me. The visuals were fantastic and brought a whole new layer to the performance. I would definitely good see them again!

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Sep 22, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #363 of 431
Thanks for the responses...I'm a bit disappointed in the concert merchandise and was hoping for a special concert release...I'll be getting there very early and I'm seeing the last US show this Sunday....I'll let you all know how it goes.

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #366 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has PT ever had a hit song in the U.S.? The Sound of Muzak sounds a little bit familiar.

No. The only one that made semi-national radio was Shallow from Deadwing -- which was one of the worst songs they ever made.

Jim Ladd used to play their stuff on KLOS sometimes.

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #367 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. The only one that made semi-national radio was Shallow from Deadwing -- which was one of the worst songs they ever made.

Jim Ladd used to play their stuff on KLOS sometimes.

My how tastes are different. I really like Shallow but to each their own.

At the Portland show they had at least three drum heads that were signed by the band for $30 which is a bargain imo. I didn't get one because I already have the FOABP signed thing that the fan club people got a couple of years ago.

Overall I liked the show but it seemed to drag in places. I'm an uptempo, harder rock guy but I like slower stuff too, just not too much of it.

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #368 of 431
Yes, tastes differ in so many ways...Shallow rings positively in my audio receptors. Ditto --- to each their own.

...oh and to the question of whether they've ever had a hit in America....

...I could care less what the masses accept in their preprogrammed world.

Also, I'd love to know who remembers most of the "hits" in America, anyway.
People in America, like me, are too busy working to pay for the increasingly out-of-reach cost of healthcare.

...sorry for going on the stump there....I'll get off now.

Sep 23, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #370 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I'd love to know who remembers most of the "hits" in America, anyway.
People in America, like me, are too busy working to pay for the increasingly out-of-reach cost of healthcare.

...sorry for going on the stump there....I'll get off now.

I gave up FM radio for portable muisc about 6 years ago*, so I probably miss out on anything new. It's OK though, PT and Opeth are keeping me busy. Part of the chorus from sound of Muzak definitely rings a bell though.

edt:
(For clarification, I mainly used a little Sony FM portable with headphones for workTunes. My present job has horrible radio reception so I was forced to try out MP3 players.

Sep 24, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #373 of 431
NY show is tonight. There's a few people meeting at Jakes Saloon at 57th and 10th. I'm meeting some others at McGees at 55th between Broadway and 8th.

But we're all meeting up at the show!!! Doors open at 7. Kings X goes on at 8.

Bob

Sep 24, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #375 of 431
i grew up on kings x... my dad is a huge fan. great rock band

Users who are viewing this thread

Back