Popular Classical Music
Dec 2, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #8,526 of 8,745
Yesterday wonderful concert in Madrid. The first part was to me perfect. Spanish National Orquestra conducted by David Afkham played Beethoven Piano Concerto number 2 with the marvelous pianist Mitsuko Ushida. She was amazing. The second movement became unforgettable after such a beautiful performance. Such delicate playing. She gave us a little encore: a piece by Schumann. Perfect.
Mrs Uschida has the whole Beethoven series with the Berliner. The video bellow Is a fragment. Do not miss the interview! Fascinating to me.

The second part was excellent.The piece, much more difficult to me, was Zemlinsky’s Lyrical Symphony. Beautifull in many parts, less in others, it was wonderfully played by the orchestra. I particularly liked the soprano. I was also surprised to see Mrs Uchida seating in the audience in the second part. I have not seen this often (Janine Jansen last year I recall ) but like it to see the performer is also an avid listener.

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #8,527 of 8,745
Hello Luis, great that you enjoyed last nights concert!

Which Soprano was it that you mentioned above?

I used to go to classical concerts on a weekly basis with Her Lightness for over 20 years until I broke an ear on Friday 13th 2019. :darthsmile:

You have me yearning to go back but Her Lightness is not too keen, to be closely packed in a concert hall, ever since COVID.

Dec 2, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #8,528 of 8,745
Hello Luis, great that you enjoyed last nights concert!

Which Soprano was it that you mentioned above?

I used to go to classical concerts on a weekly basis with Her Lightness for over 20 years until I broke an ear on Friday 13th 2019. :darthsmile:

You have me yearning to go back but Her Lightness is not too keen, to be closely packed in a concert hall, ever since COVID.

Hi John,

The soprano is this Christiane Karg

Ravel: Shéhérazade ∙ Christiane Karg ∙ hr-Sinfonieorchester ∙ Stanisław Skrowaczewski​

I’m living now a phase where live concerts are a big part of my life. Previously with work, family etc I could attend a lot less. That can always change, but to me digging music, live or otherwise is the main thing.

My better half is a big fun of concerts too which makes it even better. Yesterday we had a nice meal with some Rioja red wine … heaven! Even some times we have dinner with friends after the concert. Wonderful!
Take care and continue digging the music!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #8,529 of 8,745
Beethoven - Violin Concerto Op.61 - Clara-Jumi Kang, Andrzej Boreyko & Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra

A comment in the YT video worth a mention

''Just listen and look at 20:05, there we have something extraordinary, the way Clara-Jumi plays, the way she handles the difficulties of playing on more than one string, with such a masterhood.''

0:00 Allegro ma non troppo (Cheerful but not too much )
24:45 Larghetto
33:44 Rondo: Allegro
46:42 encore: J.S. Bach - Violin Sonata No. 3 in C Major

Dec 3, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #8,530 of 8,745
Beethoven - Violin Concerto Op.61 - Clara-Jumi Kang, Andrzej Boreyko & Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra

A comment in the YT video worth a mention

''Just listen and look at 20:05, there we have something extraordinary, the way Clara-Jumi plays, the way she handles the difficulties of playing on more than one string, with such a masterhood.''

0:00 Allegro ma non troppo (Cheerful but not too much )
24:45 Larghetto
33:44 Rondo: Allegro
46:42 encore: J.S. Bach - Violin Sonata No. 3 in C Major

She’s amazing! She plays with so much feeling

Dec 3, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #8,531 of 8,745
She’s amazing! She plays with so much feeling
Indeed! She is also very easy on the eye with a very pretty smile.

She is one that I would have liked to see live. Have you ever seen her?

here in the third movement I have played this part several times starting at 40 minutes into the video

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #8,533 of 8,745
Indeed! She is also very easy on the eye with a very pretty smile.

She is one that I would have liked to see live. Have you ever seen her?

here in the third movement I have played this part several times starting at 40 minutes into the video
Totally agree! She is a very attractive lady!
I saw her live. Unforgettable concert, Bruch's. Unfortunately could see that beautiful smile with pandemic 😷

Clara-Jumi Kang: Bruch, Violin Concerto No. 1 in G minor, Op. 26​

08 APR 2021, MadridOrquesta Sinfónica de RTVEPablo González, ConductorVideo Chapters:00:00 | 1st mov - Vorspiel: Allegro moderato09:09 | 2nd mov - Adagio 18:08 | 3rd mov - Allegro Energico20:22 | :) The moment we've been waiting for!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back