Popular Classical Music
Apr 11, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #529 of 8,706
And the last one from me before the weekend.

Vivaldi 'Winter' from 'Four seasons' - Clara Jumi Kang & Dresden staatskapelle chamber orchestra

tongue_smile.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #530 of 8,706
  And the last one from me before the weekend.

Vivaldi 'Winter' from 'Four seasons' - Clara Jumi Kang & Dresden staatskapelle chamber orchestra

'The Four Seasons' is what got me interested into classical, my favourite recording is the one with Guiliano Carmignola.

And speaking of Vivaldi, the Korean film 'Sympathy For Lady Vengeance' has a baroque inspired score.  Quite interesting to listen to the Vivaldi influences, Paganini's Caprice 24 is also featured.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #531 of 8,706

'The Four Seasons' is what got me interested into classical, my favourite recording is the one with Guiliano Carmignola.

Carmignola is one of my favorite violinists, he's great in this recording of the Bach violin concertos:

And here he plays in one of the best recordings of the Brandenburg concertos, with Claudio Abbado and orchestra mozart

Here is a link to the third concerto of this recording on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXe4MHyQBk4

Although my favorite brandenburg concerto recording is:

Because the cellos and harpsichord are very clear instead of being a background mush of sound like most of the other recordings.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #532 of 8,706
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It is good to see a new face on this thread as myself and Mr Wskl were just about to abandon ship in the middle of nowhere!
wink.gif

The first 2 tracks on this are nice lasting 10 minutes.

A previous post of mine conducted by Claudio Abbado with Guiliano Carmignola (lead) and my favourite Brandenburg concerto (click on link below)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/808665/popular-classical-music/345#post_12857588

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back