Popular Classical Music
May 1, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #541 of 8,720
It being the first day of May on this Bank Holiday Monday, I thought that I would post one of my favourite visual performances on YT.

I reckon that she boots this one right out of the park into her neighbours park or lake?

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #548 of 8,720
This is the 2nd movement of Bernard Herrmann's 'Souvenirs de Voyage', the 1st movement is a better showcase of the piece but there no YT videos with good SQ.

And another Herrmann classic.

May 21, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #554 of 8,720
A piece by John field who was an Irish composer and conductor.

According to Dan Miller who performs this piece: "Field was the first to compose pieces called "Nocturnes", eventually composing eighteen in all. Although the exact dates of composition are unknown, three Nocturnes were published in 1814, with the first eight Nocturnes published before 1823. His pieces reflect a "classical" simplicity of melody and harmony, but have considerable emotional content. Field's Nocturnes lie unquestionably within the historical link (with Beethoven and Schubert) to the "romantic" styles of Mendelssohn, Schumann, and Chopin. Field was acquainted with Carl Czerny (Franz Liszt's teacher) and upon seeing Field perform, the young Liszt was significantly impressed. Liszt eventually edited several of the Field Nocturnes during the 1850's."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back