Popular Classical Music
Mar 27, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #516 of 8,706
Apr 1, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #520 of 8,706
Here is link to the concert that I bleated on about back on Friday 27 May 2016 at the National concert Hall in Dublin, Ireland.

The solo violinist is Esther Yoo, a Korean-American (approx 21 years old at time of the recording).

Myself and Her Lightness were positioned in the front seats directly in front of Esther while she was playing her multi-million $ Stradivarius (which has been loaned to her).

Esther is quite petite and she closes her eyes for most of her performance and moves around a lot, so I was a bit concerned that she would lose her balance and topple over and flatten Her Lightness!  
eek.gif

Esther's part starts about 15 minutes in, you can pause at any time, it is well worth a listen when you have the time, the SQ is decent but nothing ever beats being there!

She also does a special encore at the end of her part that starts at 54 minutes in.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b16%5F10575878%5F8861%5F27%2D05%2D2016%5F 

(It takes a moment to load). 

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #522 of 8,706
I would like to hear Hans Zimmer's Angels & Demons live one day as well as a simple violin and piano version of it.

Joshua Bell does it but there seems to be few good SQ versions of it on YT?

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #523 of 8,706
  I would like to hear Hans Zimmer's Angels & Demons live one day as well as a simple violin and piano version of it.

Joshua Bell does it but there seems to be few good SQ versions of it on YT?

I agree, the Hans Zimmer stuff on YT is a bit lacking in the SQ department.  I even find that the mastering on some of his CDs isn't the best either.

I think that is Tina Guo playing the electric cello in the 3rd video.

Continuing with the Zimmer theme, here is a nice tranquil piece from 'The Last Samurai'

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #524 of 8,706
A concert recorded last night 7 April 2017 (not 6 April as in YT video title) at the NCH Dublin

Maxim Vengerov performs Sibelius Violin Concerto in D minor, Op. 47 (Early 1904 version)

(Smooth and sweet but I much prefer Esther Yoo's rendition of it because of her fiery attack and passion)

Then in the second half he also conducts (from 1hour 11 minutes in) Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6 in B minor, Op. 74 (Pathétique)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back