Popular Classical Music
Jan 12, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #7,142 of 8,756
Yesterday a good concert in Madrid. The OSM, orquestra of the Teatro Real, conducted by Pablo Heras Casado, played Bruckner´s 9th symphony. I feel very fortunate to see the concert since many are being cancelled nowadays. Orquestra of La Scalla, Santa Cecilia, Maria Joao Pires among others have cancelled their concerts in January and February in Madrid. Also a few days ago a concert by the Orquestra of the region of Madrid was cancelled aparently half the staff were with the bug.
Pablo Heras Casado is the number one Spanish conductor with an important career mainly in Germany and a lot of recordings.
The piece is quite spectacular live and one of those where even wonderful headphones do not do justice to the feeling of the live performance! The performance was excellent but the piece is not an easy one in my opinion.

Here a classical version

Bruckner: Sinfonie Nr. 9 mit Günter Wand (1988) | NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchester​

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #7,147 of 8,756
New Year's Concert 2022 - Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
Thanks Light-Man,
just back from a weekend on the ski slopes you made me remember my many summers in Britain.
Although, quite a few of my many many summers in England were a bit wetter and rainier than this sundrenched and nostalgic little slide show.
But watching The Seven Sisters Coastline and lots of other familar places while listening to Scarborough Fair brought back sweet memories.
I hope all is well with you .
Cheers CC
Hi Christer, Thanks Man, I am keeping well but I need to start getting more exercise now that the days are getting a little longer. You seem to have a very active lifestyle!

I thought that you (and others) would be interested in this video about the North of Sweden

Living with the Dark Winters in Sweden | Midnight sun & Polar night by Jonna Jinton

Jonna Jinton's channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAk3t7WHs2zjsZpopox8Taw

THE WOLF SONG - Nordic Lullaby - Vargsången by Jonna Jinton

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #7,148 of 8,756
Cinema Paradiso - Esther Abrami with a junior orchestra

Edit: For fluff sake! There seems to be a problem with posting some YT videos on this site.

Perhaps this one will post better! Or perhaps not!

Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #7,149 of 8,756
New Year's Concert 2022 - Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra

Hi Christer, Thanks Man, I am keeping well but I need to start getting more exercise now that the days are getting a little longer. You seem to have a very active lifestyle!

I thought that you (and others) would be interested in this video about the North of Sweden

Living with the Dark Winters in Sweden | Midnight sun & Polar night

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAk3t7WHs2zjsZpopox8Taw

THE WOLF SONG - Nordic Lullaby - Vargsången by Jonna Jinton

Hello Light -Man, I am just back home from a day of downhill skiing today again. And I note that I have a lot of catching up to do here.
Yes indeed Jonna Jinton is not only a VERY good and creative young photographer, she also sings very well. And I have her site bookmarked since I discovered her YT channel about a year ago.
I do not know if she enjoys downhill skiing?
But in quite a few of her YT videos she goes winter-bathing ie a quick dip in the icy lake near where she lives.
And she also frequently records the amazing sounds when the ice "sings".
Very talented young woman.
Cheers CC

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back