Popular Classical Music
Dec 15, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #3,721 of 8,706
Absolutly great.
I've got another recording featuring Patricia Kopatchinskaja and Teodor Currentzis, but this one is special. Those chellos and bass are so much lively.
Thank you

I loved it also.
Her intonation is very very good.
I wish i could discover what the (audio) engineers used regarding the Mics and the Board.
Whomever recorded this audio, is a super tech with great ears...., so, to find out what they used,.... i wish....:)
And to realize that this is a compressed Utube video.....YET< the sound Q......!
I'd love to get this show on Hi Rez Video Playback format.
Maybe it will be released in (at least) Blu-Ray.
She did (CD) release the TVC in 2016 with Barenboim at the helm.
-
-
71j3ifimF7L._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #3,722 of 8,706
Yes of course.
There is much more to classical music or any type , then just being able to post all the note correctly.
For example there is interpretation......:)
There is musicality....:)
Its not really possible for Glenn at 23, or Horowitz at 23, or Lang Lang at 23, or anyone you can list, who is 23 yrs old, to be able to interpret a Master's piece of music with a masterful depth of perception, that they will have at '45.
Every performance is an interpretation of what the performer hopes was the extant musical Point of View the composer was trying to dictate onto a piece of paper using the available language.
Only the Composer, playing to an extreme Virtuoso level, could get it as right, as it could be possibly performed correctly.
If you want to hear Mozart's piano Sonata's, played correctly.....IF you want to hear Beethoven's Piano works played correctly, then you pass on Yuja, Lang Lang, Richter, Argerich, and Kempff, and you just get Mozart and Beethoven.
That is the only way to hear the soul of the notes, played perfectly, as designed.
Anything else, is just a,.... "we hope we got it close".

For me, i love Yujas notes, and i enjoy the way she interprets. She speaks to me with her piano keys.
Horowitz speak to me with his..
I like the way Brendel interprets, but not quite as much his playing.
Lang Lang is a super tech, similer to Yuja. They are both "fingers of fire".
If they were married, she would change her name to Yuja Lang.
I like that better actually.
And if they had a child who had "their" gifts....then this child could sell me a lot of their Music, as im sure id be a fan of someone who was "otherworldly".
With age comes experience and knowledge.
I found this one:
Sviatoslav Richter plays Beethoven - Sonata no.23 in F minor, "Appassionata", op.57 on Youtube
which imho belongs in the category of interpretations of this Sonata that to me sums up the quote : To really play this Sonata you have to have lived.
GG's version sounds both lethargic and emotionless and mechanical compared to Richter imho.
I'll never be able to play it anywhere near Richter. But if I could this is what I'd be aiming for.
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #3,723 of 8,706
With age comes experience and knowledge.
I found this one:
Sviatoslav Richter plays Beethoven - Sonata no.23 in F minor, "Appassionata", op.57 on Youtube
which imho belongs in the category interpretations of this Sonata that to me sums up the quote : To really play this Sonata you have to have lived.
GG version sounds both lethargic and emotionless and mechanical compared to Richter imho.
I'll never be able to play it anywhere near Richter. But if I could this is what I'd be aiming for.
Cheers CC

Do you have any clips of your playing online?

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #3,724 of 8,706
I loved it also.
I wish i could discover what the (audio) engineers used regarding the Mics and the Board.
Whomever recorded this audio, is a super tech with great ears...., so, to find out what they used,.... i wish....:)
And to realize that this is a compressed Utube video.....YET< the sound Q......!
-
-
71j3ifimF7L._SL1200_.jpg
I saw and heard her play the Sibelius Concerto live a couple of years ago, amazing violinist.

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #3,726 of 8,706
Do you have any clips of your playing online?

Oh NO, NO, NO!

I am just a beginner.Only three months with a piano. But even as beginner there are parts,but still only parts,of great works like the Appassionata, that I suppose any beginner could play?
And the first movement of the Moonlight Sonata is apart from big stretches,lots of octaves, within reach to play for most beginners too I guess?

But I wouldn't dream of putting my playing it online.

There are already too many very eager to show off on YouTube,would be, piano players /"teachers" who can't even play the pieces they make tutorials on how to play, without mistakes themselves.
I may be opinionated about things I truly care about at times, but you can trust me to spare you any such ego trips.
But do give Richter's recording of the Appassionata a listen if you want to hear a real Master play a Masterwork .
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #3,727 of 8,706
Oh NO, NO, NO!

I am just a beginner.Only three months with a piano. But even as beginner there are parts,but still only parts,of great works like the Appassionata, that I suppose any beginner could play?
And the first movement of the Moonlight Sonata is apart from big stretches,lots of octaves, within reach to play for most beginners too I guess?

But I wouldn't dream of putting my playing it online.

There are already too many very eager to show off on YouTube,would be, piano players /"teachers" who can't even play the pieces they make tutorials on how to play, without mistakes themselves.
I may be opinionated about things I truly care about at times, but you can trust me to spare you any such ego trips.
But do give Richter's recording of the Appassionata a listen if you want to hear a real Master play a Masterwork .
Cheers CC

That you’re a beginner may mean more inspiration for us. :)

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #3,728 of 8,706
Here she is again.
I noted that this performance is more traditional in tone and execution, vs the previous i posted by her.
This version is slower, its more mannered, but its still well executed..
Its available on CD. (2016).
If anyone has already posted it here, ...sorry about that.., i didnt see it.
-
-

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #3,729 of 8,706
Ok, she's 12........
The sound is "direct", so not much hiding behind the reverb.
Her phrasing is musical , her intonation is practically impeccable, and she plays mostly with her eyes closed.
2 million views of this video, in the last year +.
The pianist is really good.. She dialed back the volume, and let the Violin speak as the loudest voice in the room.
-
-

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #3,733 of 8,706
I loved it also.
-
-
71j3ifimF7L._SL1200_.jpg

You were right.
I purchased 24/96 and it’s recorded well.

Excellent performance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back