Popular Classical Music
Feb 20, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #2,567 of 8,720
Thank you, Light-Man. Yes, I have got a CD box. I listen to CD1, surprise...Sound quality is very good! Thank you for the recommendation! it's also Amazon Japan's Amazon Pick(recommended) product.
after listen to CD1 and 2, I have started modifying my room and gear setups and speaker positioning etc. removed 2 desks and a computer from my bedroom to sound my KEF LS50 better. so I have been a tad busy.
Now I am just going to rip the CD box into iTunes/Roon library. Thanks! :beerchug::o2smile:

Link?

We have KEF too...wonderful.

Feb 22, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #2,575 of 8,720
Handel-Halvorsen, Passacaglia for violin and viola, Luiz Felipe Coelho (violin) Clemens Weigel (cello)

Sorry L-M but you are losing your touch............................

Man, she is so pretty.................................:heart_eyes_cat::dress::heart_eyes::high_heel:.................................:santa:......................................:upside_down:

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #2,579 of 8,720
Last night's Friday concert from the NCH Dublin (video will be deleted in 6 days)

RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
Cristian Măcelaru conductor
Vilde Frang violin

Rimsky-Korsakov Russian Easter Overture / 14’
Stravinsky Violin Concerto / 22’
Tchaikovsky Manfred Symphony / 57’

Size isn’t everything – even if you are the largest country in the world. It’s all about what’s inside. And inside of Russia is a heart and soul full of everything you might want (well, nearly everything) and every emotion you can feel (sometimes all at once!).

Rimsky-Korsakov’s Russian Easter Overture offers a brisk dash through a typical Russian Easter – known by the locals as the ‘Bright Holiday’ – stopping off at points of interest to take in colour and character (much like your favourite reality programme) and to offer pointed commentary in a way that David Attenborough fans will certainly approve of.

Stravinsky’s Violin Concerto is a love letter to an instrument the maverick master had once refused to write for. But suspicion turned to infatuation (funny how love is) in a work that contrasts old and new to produce something wholly original. ‘Among violinists of the younger generation… the most original’ (The Strad) Vilde Frang is the must-hear soloist.

A rarity in the concert hall (#ifnotnowwhen) Tchaikovsky’s Manfred Symphony is one of the overlooked treasures of the repertoire. Based on a poem by Lord Byron (Russell Brand is kindergarten compared to him) it was, in Tchaikovsky’s mind, ‘the best of my symphonies’. And the RTÉ NSO might well agree with him

‘Rising star’ (Daily Telegraph) conductor CristianMăcelaru takes the helm for an evening bound to please your inner Cossack.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html#!rii=b16_11002247_8861_22-02-2019_

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back