Popular Classical Music
Oct 19, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,986 of 8,707
sometimes I couldn't watch some YT videos due to YT's region block function.
I currently use Kaspersky VPN pay per month service.
Does anyone know that Is there any alternative cheap or free way to break YT region block??

I have the same issue, I think some of the videos @Head1 post are restricted to UK. I use Windscribe, with the free account you can get up to 15GB/month data, and luckily it has a free UK VPN server.

If you want an extra 1GB data, send me a PM I can give you my referral link.

Oct 19, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #1,987 of 8,707
Sorry Pokemonn, I have no experience of that VPN stuff yet. It is good to get some recommendations from Mr Wskl, etc. as it could be a murky world out there!

Katalin Zsubrits plays Debussy Arabesque No. 1.

Katalin Zsubrits plays Debussy Arabesque No. 2

and an alternative option (devoid of the blue fluffy dress!)

Oct 19, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #1,990 of 8,707
Muy Romantico, y sexy tambien.
Great movie.
Another very interesting Spanish filmmaker is Pedro Almodovar imo.

His films are very melodramatic. Abre los ojos, is also worth watching. It was remade into Vanilla Sky a few years later.

Brahms - Symphony No.3: 4th movement - David Zinman / Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich

Oct 19, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #1,992 of 8,707
Another rising artist to "keep an ear on" and maybe eye for the girls ? seems to be The young Icelandic pianist Vikungur Olafsson. He has just got a Bach album out on DGG and I just listened to his recent Concert in Gothenburg Sweden via GSOplay. The Stravinsky is not what I would label as Popular Classical Twelf Tone and all.
But Mozart's 24th Piano Concerto is superb both as a composition and as played in this Concert.
Only available until 12/11. Cheers Christer
Stravinsky Movements for Piano and Orchestra & Mozart Pianokonsert nr 24.
Cheers Christer

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #1,993 of 8,707
It's a shame about the blocks. Let me know which ones, hope not too many. I might be able to find other versions or alternatives.

Bach / Widor - Memento Mattheus Final BWV 244 - Gerhard Gnann

Organ play is beyond emotional expression, and it simply beauty of symmetry...the sound itself expresses its solemn heavenly beauty.

Oct 19, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #1,994 of 8,707
And one of Esther Yoo's latest videos - Solemn Love from the movie "On Chesil Beach" (the movie to me is more of a movie rental and has some awkward moments that were dragged out too long)

Norihiro Tsuru - Last Carnival. ( Acoustic Cafe )

I know this place where Esther played...one of the busiest underground cross section in Seoul.
She is amazing even though there are considerable ambient noises, the beauty came through it.

Oct 19, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #1,995 of 8,707
Those personal logics, emotions, struggles, and complexities that are not understandable easily but the persistence does finally acquire and resonates with the huge public or maybe entire world, who responds to those personal appeals.
That is Tchaikovsky violin concerto in D major.
I don't know very much about the player and the orchestra, but they are playing those structures in Seoul where world sees as far east.
In the far eastern country Tchaikovsky lives vividly.

Far eastern Seoul by not very well known players above,
Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France and Vasily Petrenko, and Julia Fischer below.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back