PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player
Sep 5, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #4,546 of 4,864
Yea... I'm going to have to get the board replaced. I already tried the screw method. The superglue method didn't work either. I think its because of the the way the end of the 3.5mm male end broke off. There goes $149.

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #4,547 of 4,864
:frowning2:

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #4,548 of 4,864
BrutalLegend can you post a close up pic of it? Give the community here a little time to brain storm? Are you in the US?

You might also run this by the Pono forum. There has to be a way! Just have to think it thru.

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #4,549 of 4,864
Its alright. I tried various other methods including taking my mini drill with a 0.5mm drill bit to drill it out. That too didn't work. I think I may have damaged one of the connectors on the inside, so it'll have to be replaced in any case. Thank you for trying nonetheless, it means a lot.

Sep 6, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #4,550 of 4,864
  Yea... I'm going to have to get the board replaced. I already tried the screw method. The superglue method didn't work either. I think its because of the the way the end of the 3.5mm male end broke off. There goes $149.

I had this happen on the wife's iphone.  Get an old school bic pen and take the ink cartridge out which on the non writing end should be just an open tube.  I guess I probably cut the tip of that end off so as to not be dealing with the ink.  Insert that in the plug and it grabs around the 3.5mm plug just enough to pull it out. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #4,557 of 4,864
I went to the site, couldn't find anything except a Neil Young video. Was the announcement in there? Could you summarize the void news?

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #4,558 of 4,864
First update:

"If you buy music from Pono and that music is subsequently upgraded by a record company or artist, Pono gives you the upgrade free. You will never buy a song twice from Pono. The PonoPromise is for anyone who has ever bought any album from Pono, regardless of date of purchase."

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #4,559 of 4,864
Second update:

Pono Progress

PONO is in transition. We are moving our amazing collection of high resolution music to a new source, one that will offer the same quality and selection PONO has always provided. Some of you may wonder what happened to PONO and why the transition to our ‘under construction’ store was so sudden.

At this point I can only tell you that one of the largest corporations in the world, a server of low resolution music to millions, was responsible for PONO having to find a replacement for a critical part of our high resolution music infrastructure. PONO was one of approximately ten sellers of quality audio to have their supply shut down with less than a week’s notice. This is the disruption we are experiencing together. Many of the other music services shut down at the hand of this multi-national corporate giant may never recover. These services were all capable of offering high resolution music and are now off the market. PONO however, will recover from this shocking event and return, serving you the best quality music available. We are now in the process of this recovery.

When we return, among other improvements, our new store will feature a greatly improved and simplified experience when adding PonoMusic to your PonoPlayer.

PONO is fighting on your behalf to enable the choice to buy quality instead of the compromised products now offered to consumers in the field of music. We will not be stopped from attaining this goal:

"Quality whether you want it or not".

Remember, the PONO Promise will always be part of PONO. We are constantly working with our record companies to enable the creation of improved files of your favorite music where it is possible, i.e. where the original masters are of a higher quality than what is now available. The technology exists to make this happen for you the music lover and PONO is dedicated to accomplishing this task on your behalf. Wait til you see what we can do together in the Pono Community.

PONO ON!

Neil Young
Pono

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #4,560 of 4,864
Thanks for the posts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back