Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Aug 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #76 of 87
Quote:
No kidding it won't be a thrash pair, but I also don't want to worry about the cup snapping off when I put it on my head 10 years down the line. I expect my headphones to last at least 10 years if I'm paying $1k. The fact of the matter is, the D7000 has a tiny screw that could easily snap under NORMAL circumstances that holds the cup to the band.

Yeah it needs to be very long lasting. I also corroborate high price and quality of materials to longevity.

I don't know about the AH-D2-5-7000 fail rate for that screw, but I always found Japanese technology products to be built "just strong enough" for the usage that one should do of them, but "not much stronger" after that; so that you need to stay careful with them. I think that just the way of Japan, to be sensitive and respectful to the others, the animals, the nature and finally one's own goods.

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #77 of 87
Quote:

Yeah it needs to be very long lasting. I also corroborate high price and quality of materials to longevity.

I don't know about the AH-D2-5-7000 fail rate for that screw, but I always found Japanese technology products to be built "just strong enough" for the usage that one should do of them, but "not much stronger" after that; so that you need to stay careful with them. I think that just the way of Japan, to be sensitive and respectful to the others, the animals, the nature and finally one's own goods.

I have the AH-D2000 and that screw will snap within a year. After both cups snapped off twice, I drilled a new hole and use a longer and stronger screw. Year three and they are still going strong. It's a bit sad, because everything else is perfect, bu that screw is a large design flaw.

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #78 of 87
I vote for lady-fi.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #79 of 87
Lol might as well rename the thread to classic vs urban.  I really like both styles the same to be honest, but I'm 22 so the D7100 is my type of styled headphones.

However, if I were to be sitting down in my study room I'd be rocking the D7000.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #82 of 87
Quote:
This turn of events reminds me when Daimler merged with Chrysler and ran it into the ground.....

Because Chrysler wasn't in the ground?  Gotta face it.  The Mercedes derived 300 and Charger were the best things to happen to the group since the K-car.   As for the headphones... The new ones look quite substantial.  I wonder if they feel it. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #83 of 87
Quote:

Because Chrysler wasn't in the ground?  Gotta face it.  The Mercedes derived 300 and Charger were the best things to happen to the group since the K-car.   As for the headphones... The new ones look quite substantial.  I wonder if they feel it. 

Megamushroom Daimler ruined Chrysler. Sorry to tell you this. Chrysler went from being "the most profitable car company in the world" to garbage in a matter of years under Daimler. Daimler first cut their throats by lying and chasing away the original Chrysler management and development team. Then they started cutting corners, sacrificing both quality and reliability of these vehicles. Plus the faults that vehicles had they worked extra hard to deny as many warranty claims as possible; even committing fraud in the process. Not sure if you ever heard of the defective 2.7 design and how they knew there were problems with the engine, yet lied to screw so many customers out of support? Then comes the LX platform that was utterly atrocious.

I'll give some props to the exterior but the interior was complete garbage and cheap plastic compared to its predecessor the LH Platform (Dodge intrepid, Chrysler LHS, 300M, Concorde which were an original design of Chrysler just before being taken over). Which not surprisingly, this platform also suffered under Daimler's wings as they cut costs and lowered build quality throughout the model years. The LX Platform as well as all of Chrysler's newer models suffered with such cheap interiors and build quality for 5+ years until 2012. It wasn't until Fiat came in and took over and started investing into the company that the company could actually focus on bringing the quality up to par. Daimler did not help this company. They ruined it and sucked it dry (Chrysler was making 5 billion a year before the acquisition). They charged premium prices but did not sell premium vehicles. People caught on and stopped buying their vehicles. The company was facing bankruptcy. It was not a merger of equals. It was a takeover and a marriage made in hell.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/54628-did-daimler-accelerate-cause-chryslers-ruin.html

1998 - 2004 Interiors (LH Platform)

2005 - 2011 Interiors (LX Platform)

2012 Interiors:

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #85 of 87
Quote:
I really love those deep wooden cups...

Like wise, I love the Old School approach to things they look just wonderful really!
Quote:
I could care less about looks, it's all about the sound.

Like wise
Quote:
If the D7100 were ACTUALLY made of magnesium and wood instead of plastic they would be alright. My vote goes for the D7000.

ANd this, I'm a pretty rough guy and to me... if I'm gonna pay $1000 for it I better be able to take it to hell and back! The whole idea of a cheap screw breaking... ticks me off, you can have it look GREAT and last a LONG time, yea I wouldn't go portable with my D7000s and I'm mad when I drop my crappy Xb700s so I don't pourposefully abuse things but <3 I'm a clutz I want my great looking cans to be made of High quality material, High quality meaning it's not flimsy or weak, but strong and dependable! 

Plus here's another thought,,, if you see a BIG beautiful Oak Tree do you expect a piece of Furniture crafted BY hand made from that tree to be "flimsy"... I don't, because that  tree has SERIOSULY taken a beating and it's still there and still beautiful, so anything built from that tree should reflect the nature of it, beautiful, pourposefull and TOUGH.  So if it has that beautfull wood... it better be like that awesome Oak! :3 and that's just me ^^ 

And here's another example, I'm a Cullinarian. When I spend $500 on a knife... it looks good and that suckers tough as nails! So I like beauty and utility, that $1000 sound better not be comprimised by so Fluke of an accident e.e 

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #86 of 87
My Vote goes for D7000. And I have heard that they sound better than the D7100. 

May 4, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #87 of 87
despite being an owner of the 7100 i must say i prefer the design of the 7000 wayyyy more than the 7100 
it just look so much better
the 7100 don't feel like a flagship headphone at all 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back