Poll: Styling of D-7000 vs D-7100
Jul 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #47 of 87
Quote:
Upon closer inspection by Tyll, the D7000 for example, are not technically Closed cans. Denon incorporated some sort of vent-through design for their drivers. For more info on this, visit innerfidelity.com.

Pfft they may as well be, they hardly leak any sound compared to a semi-closed can like the DT880 and there is little soundstage to speak of.

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #48 of 87
I wonder the effect a fully closed cup will bring on the similar free edge cellulose diaphragm driver still made by Foster Electric Company Ltd (I'm deducing it is, because it's their patented way of making drivers).

Isolation will be better for sure... even more bass??

TH900 is still the king of the hill for me! and I voted AH-D7000, I find it classier, although I really dig the urban and abstract morphology of the D7100...

Not sure what to think about its thickness though:

Not shoulder-wide, phew

Hey! look at what I've just found on Fujiya Avic's Facebook:

DENON GLOBE CRUISER AH-NCW500 SR (for sale there: http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail13305.html)

It addresses the thickness issue quite well actually, lol

Cups pivot 90 degree to wear around your neck

I never saw that precise supra-aural model coming (on Head-Fi at least)

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #51 of 87
Quote:
The color combination of silver and brown

... Denon... what the hell?

Add me too! 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #53 of 87
The D7000's main color is brown and black with some silver. This full silver and brown, no black is just atrocious.

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #54 of 87
Quote:
The color combination of silver and brown

... Denon... what the hell?

+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #56 of 87
Quote:
+1 from me as well. I just don't know what the design team is thinking. Yeah these look better than the D7100 but both of them are still ugly. I'm still trying to figure out why Denon would put beautiful mahogany on a headphone and then cover it up with cheap plastic. It just doesn't make sense...facewall indeed.

This picture you're quoting is about the choice of colors... do you like silver and brown, with no black?

Is it really plastic? or a magnesium or aluminum alloy?

Quote:
Silver and brown look good together.  I don't see the problem.

I guess you can't please everyone.  Maybe they'll release a black edition. :)

I don't think because people would confuse it with the AH-D600

I hope these cups will pivot both horizontally and vertically, like a Fostex T50RP.

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #57 of 87
Quote:

Is it really plastic? or a magnesium or aluminum alloy?

"Both of the new Music Maniac over-ear headphones use glass fiber reinforced composite material for much of its chassis. This material was chosen for its very light weight and for being very inert. Rapping on the chassis of either of these headphones reveals a very solid feeling frame.  Not surprisingly, the AH-D7100 Artisan's materials and finish seemed to be of a higher grade; and the Artisan's ear cups are carved from solid mahogany, and serves as a component of what will be a sonic character unique to the Artisan."

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #58 of 87
What puts me off is that weird angle the headband does at the earcups. Maybe it's just the pictures, but they look strange to me, like... not proportional.

They look a little better in Jude's pictures, though this weirdness remains.

Did you mean asymmetrical? The old cans were classy but a bit anachronistic in 2011. The problem with the new ones is that they look cheap. The lines are just fine, but plastic-faux-metal combined with plastic-faux-wood just looks bad. I still voted for the 7100s because of the lines. They needed to choose better materials, though. IMHO.

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #59 of 87
Quote:
Did you mean asymmetrical? The old cans were classy but a bit anachronistic in 2011. The problem with the new ones is that they look cheap. The lines are just fine, but plastic-faux-metal combined with plastic-faux-wood just looks bad. I still voted for the 7100s because of the lines. They needed to choose better materials, though. IMHO.

In Jude's post it said they were made out of mahogany.

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #60 of 87
Quote:

In Jude's post it said they were made out of mahogany.

I saw that in a later post.  It still looks like heiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back