Poll: IEM under $20
Dec 16, 2010 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

brian609

New Head-Fier
Okay so after research I've narrowed my choice to 2 headphones. I just made a poll to see what everyone else thinks. I do not the way the m6 has the wire that stays behind the ear so take that into consideration. Thanks for voting in advance. 

EDIT: Oh forgot the Creative EP630

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 22
For closer to $10, I think the JVC Marshmallows are a steal. Especially after adding triple flange tips, it changed the sound considerably, haven't even Kramer modded them yet.

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 22
Juicy Tunes eat the Marshmallow's for breakfast and also cost $10.

I have only heard a few worse sounding IEM's than the Marshmallow's and most of those had pics of Fred Flintstone on them.

Real Talk™

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #8 of 22
Get the M6's and enjoy. They are on sale today. Only the black.

Use coupon code

[size=11pt]DAILY_DEAL_M6-BK[/size]

They come out to $14.99 plus 2.95 for shipping.

http://www.meelec.com/M6_Series_earphones_s/246.htm

You will probably grow to really like the over the ear wire. They make them very secure and eliminate microphonics.

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #12 of 22
I've got the Vmoda's and have had them for quite a while.  I've used them snowboarding, at home, and every time I go to the gym and they're a great all around IEM.  They're built well and have withstood my tossing them around and leaving them in cupholders and putting things on top of them.  There's no issue with microphonics but the cable does have a bit of memory.  Not a big deal for me. 

I'm certainly no expert and haven't owned any high end IEMs so I don't know that I'm the best to judge but to me they're great.  I had a pair of Sennheiser CX300's until they broke and some other cheap ones until I got the vibes.  The sound quality is very good just keep in mind I don't have a lot to base this on or compare it to.  The Meelec's get a lot of love on here too.  I have a pair of IE7's on the way but regardless of how good they are, the Vibes aren't going anywhere. 

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #13 of 22

Quote:
I've got the Vmoda's and have had them for quite a while.  I've used them snowboarding, at home, and every time I go to the gym and they're a great all around IEM.  They're built well and have withstood my tossing them around and leaving them in cupholders and putting things on top of them.  There's no issue with microphonics but the cable does have a bit of memory.  Not a big deal for me. 

I'm certainly no expert and haven't owned any high end IEMs so I don't know that I'm the best to judge but to me they're great.  I had a pair of Sennheiser CX300's until they broke and some other cheap ones until I got the vibes.  The sound quality is very good just keep in mind I don't have a lot to base this on or compare it to.  The Meelec's get a lot of love on here too.  I have a pair of IE7's on the way but regardless of how good they are, the Vibes aren't going anywhere. 

I completely agree, the Vibes were my primary IEM until I got some Monsters, but the Vibes are REALLY GOOD for the price. Nice bass, and decent mids and highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back