Poll: Closest to Perfect Bass...
Jan 14, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #31 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
none of those, Pro750 for me after the cotton mod. even without the mod, they would still remain my top choice just for bass.

I have the Proline 750, can you go into more detail about this "cotton mod"? I'm very interested.

Jan 14, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #32 of 95
Its so subjective, I don't like polls like these, its just finding the bass that fits you the best.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #33 of 95
The quality of bass isn't directly seen on frequency response graphs--nor is it objective. I voted for HD650 since they have very nice and round presentation, with some vinyl it's overpowering!

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #34 of 95
Denon's bass on the 2000/5000 is pretty sloppy at times. So rule them out.

Edition 9 comes to mind with being one of the few headphones where the bass jumped out and amazed me. It was crazy tight and had great punch and depth to it. It almost never got lost in complicated passages but also never really overpowered the other frequencies.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #35 of 95
By default, I voted for the Beyer 880/990. The ones I have actually heard are the 770 Pro 80s. Those have incredible bass. Not merely deep and powerful, but detailed and extremely lifelike as well. The unique characteristics of every bass instrument are reproduced flawlessly, and there is no trace of anything resembling boominess or muddiness.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #36 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By default, I voted for the Beyer 880/990. The ones I have actually heard are the 770 Pro 80s. Those have incredible bass. Not merely deep and powerful, but detailed and extremely lifelike as well. The unique characteristics of every bass instrument are reproduced flawlessly, and there is no trace of anything resembling boominess or muddiness.

Yeah I totally agree with you. Unfortunately many people on this forum think they are fart cannons.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #37 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I totally agree with you. Unfortunately many people on this forum think they are fart cannons.

They have to be parroting opinions read elsewhere. Nobody who has actually heard them (with decent amplification, of course), could possibly think that.

Last night, I was listening to a bowed acoustic bass on mine (powered by Little Dot I+). Since I used to play in a string orchestra, I know exactly what that instrument sounds like, and this was by far the most perfect rendition of it that I have ever heard on any stereo system.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #38 of 95
HD600 have the perfect detail in the bass....it may not have the impact but maybe thats coz of my amp..but HD600 has one of the best bass in open headphones.

Jan 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #39 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD600 have the perfect detail in the bass....it may not have the impact but maybe thats coz of my amp..but HD600 has one of the best bass in open headphones.

Have you heard and compared the bass of the HD600 with HD650? Just curious since I have no idea myself, and I'm trying to decide between 600/650.

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #40 of 95
What is "perfect" bass. I think perfect is relative.

Personaly i like deep DEEP almost even bloated bass. I also Like Punchy bass, and also like accurate inside your eardrum bass. I could name a bunch of cans.

But just go for the L3000s. lol

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #41 of 95
Proline 750 extend really deep and are relatively tight too despite it being very strong in the low registers. Most realistic presentation of bass (compared to live bass. Organ sounds very good and live-like) I have heard so far. Sennheiser HD580/HD600 had great natural bass in hifi sense, IME atleast.

Jan 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #43 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by djayjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're $1000...

I bought them less than four months ago on pricejapan and they were $870. Which qualifies for sub $1000.

Jan 14, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #45 of 95
While not perfect, the closest IMO and better balanced to the rest of the spectrum is HD600's. Others have it more spectacular, deeper, tighter, rounder, wit more kick... but in overall character I think they're the champs in the sub 1000 bucks field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back