Poll: Closest to Perfect Bass...
Jan 19, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #91 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've also owned the GS1000 you're commenting on, and they certainly go much deeper than 100Hz. Also, they do not have too much treble (or bass), they are simply tuned for a significantly lower listening volume than most headphones (see Fletcher-Munson curves and the related ISO documents).

Good point here... though you'll have to prove the lower than 100hz part
wink.gif
I don't get the ISO XXX 2003 loudness standard; it would seem by it that all reference headphones should be massively U-shaped, but they're not...?

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #93 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
none of those listed have anything near perfect bass. the best bass contenders are akg k1000, stax sr007, and grado hp2

The K-1000s have the best bass I've heard, it may attenuate the lowest register, but quality-wize it is unmatched. The HP-2 comes a close second.

But I would say the HD600 has very good bass compared to the others listed. Just my preference as I lean more towards accuracy.

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #94 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K-1000s have the best bass I've heard, it may attenuate the lowest register, but quality-wize it is unmatched. The HP-2 comes a close second.

But I would say the HD600 has very good bass compared to the others listed. Just my preference as I lean more towards accuracy.

I would never use the phrases "attenuate the lower register" and "best bass I've heard" in the same sentence!. Not all powerful bass is great bass, but certainly all great bass is powerful! One reason that I sold my K701s is that the bass was thin and anemic (though undoubtably tight and detailed.)

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #95 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by djayjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, I'll definitely have to add them then, thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I think I'll keep this more in the realm of reason and limit it to sub $1000 (which doesn't include like ~$900).

djayp then instead of edition 9 the 750 or 2500 or PRO 900? Which one of these I must let other decide. But since PRO 900 uses the same drivers as the Edition 9 my prejudgments before I get mine tomorrow will be that
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back