[Poll] Best Headphone's Under $200
Aug 3, 2012 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 270

iDriveFerraris

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a new pair of Cans and i've picked out the 8 best in this price range (Under $200)

I'll be driving them with my Htc Incredible S and sometimes my Macbook. I'll be using a  Fiio E6  Fiio E11 Amp.
I prefer lots of Bass but i also want balance.

- So Vote away. Comment on why you chose what you chose.
- Comment if you think any other Headphone's should be added to the list.

P.S

I didn't add the Denon D2000s because you can't buy them new for under $200. (Don't want to buy 2nd hand or refurbished)

Also i would appreciate if you ranked these Cans from 1-8 for overall spec's (Comfort,Sound Quality, Etc)

Cheers 
beyersmile.png

UPDATE: DECIDED TO GO WITH THE Fiio E11 INSTEAD OF THE E6. AND ALSO LOOKING AT THE BEYER 880's

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 270
You should add the DT 880 Pro to your list of options. I voted for the DT 990, but it and the 880 and 770 are a level above the closed portables in SQ if you have an appropriate dac/amp. Open headphones have better comfort as well since your ears won't sweat as much. You should pick one up now and be wowed by the improvement once you get a good chain in your system.

Aug 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #6 of 270
Voted: Ultrasone HFI-580

Aug 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #10 of 270
The HFI 580s for me are quite fun...slightly recessed mids, lows are great. They are bright on the high side but its not that bad. Hmmm...overall, for your needs, I feel they are good. 

Another can you can think about, is the Phillips Uptown...they are warm too, but might not shine in the lows as the HFI 580s. I have not have the chance to test them, but reviews are quite good.
Sorry to add to your misery, but i thought it should be mentioned. Many have praised it and some even call it the M50 killer...

Cheerz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back