POLL! Best basshead cans! 200$ and below.
Dec 14, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #76 of 151

Quote:
When you start getting into the quality of the Beyers, it would behoove you to stay away from any apple implemented EQ.  Their EQs introduce distortion throughout the entire audio spectrum, and it's very noticeable.

I'll just put it on none when the Zo2 arrives, just waiting for some rev3 reviews. Thank god it now has a high impedance mode :D

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #77 of 151
Btw, without the d2k, it'd be the dt770 pros who'd won!  too bad not many people have the audio tech MKII :/

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #78 of 151
"Read some reviews, they are an upgrade to the M50's and not totally worth it due to build quality. Go for a Ultrasone if you want bass."

^ is a quote

"I disagree at the price point around $150. Ultrasone (580 I assume you mean) can not touch the Pro700 MK2 in terms of bass quantity. I feel like the OP is somewhat like me, willing to sacrifice a little bit of clarity for that huge bass. I find the build quality to be superb, just like the M50.

The build quality problem was with the original Pro700, but has been fixed in the MK2. You can't find much more bass at that price point, it even beats out the Denon D1100 in terms of quantity. It has been referred to as an XB500 with better overall SQ. The one and only issue is the stock pads, which can be switched out with M50 pads and then they're perfect for comfort"
Interesting...!

"Another vote for the Pro700 MK2 if your main concern is bass. The Ultrasones are only the better option when you're looking for detail within the lower frequencies along with an overall sharp and clear sound."

pros and cons: "Pros: Thunderous bass, powerful sub-bass, all while maintaing clarity of the low end
Cons: Too much warmth, tight clamping, horrible fit with stock pads"

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #79 of 151

Quote:
MalVeauX, I remember you posting recently that the FA-011's aren't as bassy as they're made out to be.  However, my FA-011's are just obliterating my HTF600's in terms of bass impact.  Although I might be having issues with my HTF600's today, my FA-011's have stronger bass than I ever remember my HTF600's having.

Are you sure the HTF600's are really as impactful (or anywhere near as impactful) as the XB500's?  (Note that I haven't heard the XB500's, only legends about their bass emphasis.)  Or could you compare the HTF600's bass with the FA-011's and give me your thoughts?  I'm starting to wonder if my HTF600's are significantly less bassy than everyone else's (especially today).

Heya,

The FA-011's are not as bassy to me. They have more mid bass, but less sub bass. I put them right next to the FA-003's, which when amped, have better sub bass to me and better impact (expected from tight sealed closed back headphone). The HTF600's have good impact, but they're practically semi-open. They didn't have the impact of the XB500, DT770 PRO, D2000, Ultrasone PRO 580, PRO900. My primaries are the D5000 and HE-500, which are tremendous with bass and impact. I swap headphones all day every day. The FA-011's are just not that super bassy, the DT990's are more bassy really. And the HTF600's are as bassy as that with good impact, right along the lines of XB500 to me for the most part (sacrifice a smidgen of bass quantity for good mids & treble, good deal to me).

Alas, if interested, check the FA-011 thread(s), I'd rather post there. This thread is turning into a big "I don't have these, nor heard them, but I've read some threads and OMG OMG OMG OMG." I can't take it.

Bowing out. `Night all.

Very best,

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #80 of 151
So basically, it's a true upgrade from the xb500s, anyone here know how it faires against the popular dt770? Thanks!

PLEAAAAAAAAAAASEE!! HELP PUT AN END TO THIS MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #81 of 151
you can play this game for ever lol.
i've done it.
in the end i think it makes no difference.
you'll get whatever and either love it or not.
probably love.
if you don't you can sell em.
and that is the main reason i like to buy used.
so i don't eat the "new car tax" on my stuff if i don't like it.

plus headphones just get better with age(for the most part)

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #82 of 151

Quote:
And the HTF600's are as bassy as that with good impact, right along the lines of XB500 to me for the most part (sacrifice a smidgen of bass quantity for good mids & treble, good deal to me).

Very best,

Sounds good mal, another similar "upgraded xb500? Gonna look it up a little bit, never heard it before!

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #83 of 151

Quote:
you can play this game for ever lol.
i've done it.
in the end i think it makes no difference.
you'll get whatever and either love it or not.
probably love.
if you don't you can sell em.
and that is the main reason i like to buy used.
so i don't eat the "new car tax" on my stuff if i don't like it.

plus headphones just get better with age(for the most part)

NOU! i refuse to believe that :D! We are close to the goal which is a xb500's great bass but with overall better SQ whilst sacrificing minimum bass, we can do it!!!! YESH!

-Listening to Andrew Belle- don't blame yourself  ------------> Simply adds hope! :D

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #84 of 151

Quote:
Heya,

The FA-011's are not as bassy to me. They have more mid bass, but less sub bass. I put them right next to the FA-003's, which when amped, have better sub bass to me and better impact (expected from tight sealed closed back headphone). The HTF600's have good impact, but they're practically semi-open. They didn't have the impact of the XB500, DT770 PRO, D2000, Ultrasone PRO 580, PRO900. My primaries are the D5000 and HE-500, which are tremendous with bass and impact. I swap headphones all day every day. The FA-011's are just not that super bassy, the DT990's are more bassy really. And the HTF600's are as bassy as that with good impact, right along the lines of XB500 to me for the most part (sacrifice a smidgen of bass quantity for good mids & treble, good deal to me).

Alas, if interested, check the FA-011 thread(s), I'd rather post there. This thread is turning into a big "I don't have these, nor heard them, but I've read some threads and OMG OMG OMG OMG." I can't take it.

Bowing out. `Night all.

Very best,

Thanks.  I'm really wondering now if there's something wrong with my HTF600's, and/or if there are huge variances per unit...hrm.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #87 of 151
having never put the MKII's on my head, i can say with some certainty that the beyers will destroy it in comfort  
biggrin.gif

theres that one place where you can get the mkii for like a buck 20.
the place that offers the refurb and new m50s cheap too.
can't think of what its called.
they always have that 40$ or $50 off promo code on the m50

you could also score the 770s used for about a buck 20 as well.

just my first thoughts on those two

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #88 of 151
Dec 14, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #89 of 151
People have said the 700mk2 become better in both bass and comfort with the M50 pads.  But personally I feel the M50 pads are not so good as well.  They crack, and aren't that big, so they won't give a true circumaural fit.

Honestly, just get the Beyer.  The sound will be different enough to where you'll notice it, and to where you might like that severely different sound as a wonderful upgrade.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #90 of 151

Quote:
People have said the 700mk2 become better in both bass and comfort with the M50 pads.  But personally I feel the M50 pads are not so good as well.  They crack, and aren't that big, so they won't give a true circumaural fit.

Honestly, just get the Beyer.  The sound will be different enough to where you'll notice it, and to where you might like that severely different sound as a wonderful upgrade.

I'm gonna get the DT990 Pro's remember? This thread is just to help the basshead newcomers with their search, this thread has discussed ALL of the posibbilities from 50-250 basshead 'phones, I wish someone else had made a thread like this before sharing all of the hugely diferentiated opinions and just coming down to these 2. 

I'll make a super awesome post named XB500 VS DT990 Pro LOL xD

So let's put this to an end, it seems the dt770's a really quite good basshead cans, not for "purists" and if you prefer m50 or audio tech to beyer, simply get the MK2, you won't "lose" much, you might like them more.

'Till I get the DT 990's, a bid you all farewell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back