POLL! Best basshead cans! 200$ and below.
Dec 14, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #62 of 151
Quote:
Between the XB500 and HTF600, I prefer the HTF600. All the bass. But also with sound stage, mids & treble.

MalVeauX, I remember you posting recently that the FA-011's aren't as bassy as they're made out to be.  However, my FA-011's are just obliterating my HTF600's in terms of bass impact.  Although I might be having issues with my HTF600's today, my FA-011's have stronger bass than I ever remember my HTF600's having.

Are you sure the HTF600's are really as impactful (or anywhere near as impactful) as the XB500's?  (Note that I haven't heard the XB500's, only legends about their bass emphasis.)  Or could you compare the HTF600's bass with the FA-011's and give me your thoughts?  I'm starting to wonder if my HTF600's are significantly less bassy than everyone else's (especially today).

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #63 of 151

Oh my...."To my ears and with my setup, the Sony XB700 sounded much better than the D2000 and the DT770/80." LOL "I found the bass more integrated and less intrusive with the XB700, than with the other two." "I also liked their somewhat muted treble. No sibilance to speak off, unlike the DT770/80 and the D2000. Mids, details and soundstage are IMO on par with the DT770/80. The earpads on the XB700 are too narrow for my big ears, comfort is better with the other two."

"I sold both DT770 Pro/80 and ATH-M50 in favor for keeping XB500 & XB700 so I suppose every1 have their different opinions. :p I didn't like the Beyers at all of how mids and highs sounded and it lacked somewhat in midbass for my liking and depending on what I listened to I almost prefered the crappy Sennheiser HD 212 Pro over them. xD I like both of the Sonys depending on what I actually listen to but the genres I prefer most fits better for XB500 IMO, trance, dubstep, breakbeat etc. for its greater punchy bass and smooth highs."

"I do agree that the D2000 is a more refined DT770/80 with better bass (less quantity and a little tighter), mids (not as recessed), and not as harsh treble. Honestly the DT770/80s for me were terrible cans. The D2000s definitely don't do everything right (bass needs to be tighter with less quantity, mids need to be filled in more, and highs decreased a bit, they also come off as slow) and have a lot of flaws but then again no can does. It all depends on what you want though. I would like to try a DT770/600 some day. They really sound like a can I'd enjoy."

"In my opinion, the MDR-XB700 are really a pretty awful pair of headphones. For $60 more, you could have yourself a lovely pair of Beyerdynamics that sound worlds better. The Sony MDR-XB700 would be best suited, I imagine, to a person that might also wish to install a cheap, obnoxious, after-market muffler into their Honda civic or Ford Taurus. "

As you can see people, simply, DO NOT TRUST HEAD-FI!

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #64 of 151
yep.
pretty much how it goes.
some people like one thing and don't like the other.
some people like other things and not this.
some poeple just really like what they have(own).

i say pick a pair, either the denons or either beyer and just run with it.
don't look back don't second guess.
just enjoy em.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #66 of 151
You can ultimately only trust your own ears, that is pretty true.  However it's still an invaluable source.

That first comparison you pulled though, that doesn't sound like it came from head-fi at all. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #70 of 151
Dec 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #71 of 151

Quote:
Just for fun I almost want to see you get the DT990 and then comment on its bass after you've listened to it for a while.

Just for fun...haha...I might actually get them once i find a good DAC for 70-100 and then get the magical Zo2.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #72 of 151
You know what, since I'll have 300 bucks by the end of december, (hopefully) i'll pick up the dt990 pros, get the zo and see how they run from my iphone 4, if im pleased, i'll stick with it and buy a sound card or DAC, if not, i'll just sell them and get the bloody dt770/80 or MKII, whichever is best of those two.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #74 of 151

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan, man.  Make sure to post impressions of the DT990 and how it compares to your Sonys when it's not EQ'd by the digizoid.

I don't know much about EQ'ing anyways, I'd leave that to Rpg wiz, ill just stick my bass booster on iphone 4 lul....enjoying it so far 
beyersmile.png

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #75 of 151
When you start getting into the quality of the Beyers, it would behoove you to stay away from any apple implemented EQ.  Their EQs introduce distortion throughout the entire audio spectrum, and it's very noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back