Poll: Allesandro MS-2i vs Grado SR 325i
May 21, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by McRat
Oh and Ian, it's nice to notice we are travelling a very similar path!
biggrin.gif
Would it surprise you if I told you that I'm toying with the idea of adding a wooden grado to my collection as a complimentary pair to the 325i?

I'm beginning to steer for RS1 or 2 myself as well. In spite of my original misgivings on the 225, going back to them later made me realise that the whole series is terrific. Especially going Beyer/Senn route as well. For me, I'm happy to lose the soundstage for the sheer bite and clarity.

I never hear a great soundstage in anything to be honest. It's not for want of trying.

Ian

May 21, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #47 of 47
I have to say as an (ex-)drummer, I've never heard drums being portrayed more realistically than with the SR325i in my current rig. Cymbals really sound like a metal plate is being hit with a wooden stick instead of some tin foil flapping in the wind or something unrealistically polite crap like that.

I know it may not be a pleasant sound, but if you really think about it, drums aren't supposed to be subdued to sound pleasant and polite.

Also guitars, strings and piano are sounding marvellous and trumpet has that realistic bite I haven't heard before from a hifi-system. Both my father my father-in-law play brass instruments, so I have had my fair share of them up close and personal.

BUT, I haven't heard the MS-2.

Ian, instead of going off-topic, I'll send you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back