Pocketknives, any body into Knife-Fi?
Feb 1, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #196 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did not mean to be showcasing, hopefully I didn't come off that way, well if you're saying it, I probably did. I was merely stating that there are quite a few people that would take your weapon away and use it against you if you are like Oink1 said "unwilling", or simply not effective with it.

It's understandable and your concern is valid. It's too easy for threads like this to get derailed so I'm with you as far as getting back on track.

Look I'm twinsies with redshifter:

knife-fi.jpg

FallenAngel:

If you want a kinfe for pure abuse, here's my pick (doesn't exactly fold though
wink.gif
):

http://www.camillusknives.com/1mainf...bk7.shtml~main

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #197 of 240
Not sure what you're looking to spend but the MOD's can really take a beating...very heavy duty.

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #199 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's understandable and your concern is valid. It's too easy for threads like this to get derailed so I'm with you as far as getting back on track.

Look I'm twinsies with redshifter:

knife-fi.jpg

FallenAngel:

If you want a kinfe for pure abuse, here's my pick (doesn't exactly fold though
wink.gif
):

http://www.camillusknives.com/1mainf...bk7.shtml~main

samgo, are you my evil twin? i haven't seen him since he broke out of the basement in back in '79.

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #200 of 240
Ok I have a new favorite for EDC.

Of all the knives I have owned, this one is hands down the best 'all rounder' for my EDC needs:

Spyderco Waved Delica 4

C11PGYW_M.jpg

Not too big, not too small. Wave features works a treat. Fits my hand perfectly, and is very comfy to use. Very lightweight - I don't even realize it is clipped in my front jeans pocket.

The wave feature works spectacularly. Once you get the hang of it, it's like pulling a fixed blade knife out of your pocket!

For bigger cutting tasks when you need a bit more 'oomph' I use this one:

Spyderco Waved Endura 4:

C10PGYW_M.jpg

And the little 'wave' feature also works great as a beer bottle opener.

Highly recommended.

P.S. The next Spyderco on my hit list is a Centofante 4.

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #201 of 240
I have converted to using Spydercos rather than Benchmades. I still love the Axis locks, but I like Spyderco's blade steels and G10 (more grippy) better. I just got a Spyderco Delica with ZDP-189 steel and a Caly 3. They are both great knives!

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #202 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok I have a new favorite for EDC.

Of all the knives I have owned, this one is hands down the best 'all rounder' for my EDC needs:

Spyderco Waved Delica 4

C11PGYW_M.jpg

Not too big, not too small. Wave features works a treat. Fits my hand perfectly, and is very comfy to use. Very lightweight - I don't even realize it is clipped in my front jeans pocket.

The wave feature works spectacularly. Once you get the hang of it, it's like pulling a fixed blade knife out of your pocket!

For bigger cutting tasks when you need a bit more 'oomph' I use this one:

Spyderco Waved Endura 4:

C10PGYW_M.jpg

And the little 'wave' feature also works great as a beer bottle opener.

Highly recommended.

P.S. The next Spyderco on my hit list is a Centofante 4.

man i could have used that bottle opener yesterday. my dang cento3 cracked the bottle when i tried to lift a cap off.
plainface.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #203 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
samgo, are you my evil twin? i haven't seen him since he broke out of the basement in back in '79.

I don't why I have to be the evil one? I'm fixin' to eat a kumquat. Evil and kumquats don't mix.

knife-fi-3.jpg

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #204 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

610 Rukus: Big about covers it. Solid too. Very practical blade to boot. Oh yeah, the Axis lock rocks. Overall, very good knife. People friendly? Uhh...!

The Rukus, that's the Spyderco that I was thinking about but just couldn't remember the name. Been wanting a Rukus for while now but haven't gotten around to pulling the trigger. I agree it is indeed big, at first when I saw pics of it I didn't think it would be big. Then when I was able to see and hold one in my hands, it's big but not so big that it felt cumbersome in my hands. Solidly built and felt quite balanced in my hands for it's size.

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #205 of 240
CKRT Van Hoy Snap Fire. *droooool*

I've always been a big CKRT fan - my very first knife was a Mo'Skeeter, a classic model - but this is too sexy to pass up. Unfortunately... my parents aren't very understanding about why I carry a knife for utility purposes. To them, it's just a sharp pointy object to hurt people with... >
frown.gif
!

Who wants to buy my ER4P's?!

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #206 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CKRT Van Hoy Snap Fire. *droooool*

I've always been a big CKRT fan - my very first knife was a Mo'Skeeter, a classic model - but this is too sexy to pass up. Unfortunately... my parents aren't very understanding about why I carry a knife for utility purposes. To them, it's just a sharp pointy object to hurt people with... >
frown.gif
!

Who wants to buy my ER4P's?!

Owned one. Completely impractical knife for EDC, but it is indeed pretty, and has an interesting yet very 'gimmicky' blade opening mechanism. Makes a good safe queen, or novelty knife as a collectible, but sucks hard for practical EDC use.

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #207 of 240
Why is it bad for EDC use? I can't really see anything beyond the possible wear on the finish...?

Feb 1, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #208 of 240
I was in the same situation a few years ago. I bought a Kershaw Ken Onion Vapor. Great knife and has put up with alot.

ks1640blk.jpg

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #209 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C10PGYW_M.jpg

This is my EDC. My biggest hurdle in purchasing was deciding whether or not the Wave axn would outweigh how terribly it affects the blade design. After carrying it for a few months, I hope to never again have to rely on a knife the lacks the Wave. My only complaints are that the blade, while very sharp, is a bit soft, and that since I've the (larger) Endura, it can be intimidating to others when I need to open something (in that, a drawn knife seems to manifest from my pocket---the knife is a dark navy blue, and incredibly fast). I've always been around knives (Scouts), so they don't faze me, but I've had a few friends get a little upset over the blade length and alacrity. Those gripes aside, the knife's fantastic.

As an aside, I also started using mine as a bottle opener. It's not perfect, but it'll get you there.

e: I've played with a handful of Onions, and really enjoy the action, but I find the blade softness and locking mechanism to be lacking. Also unmentioned, one of the things I love most about my Endura is its weightlessness while on my person. It's a seriously functional knife.

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #210 of 240
If it is realy for self defense, why not get some pepper spay bottle or something, i am not american so i don't realy understand why would someone take a knife to defend himself, but you should be better neutralising your agressor than killing him IMO...but this is just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back