PMV PP Planar Magic
Mar 29, 2021 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 157

hi-fi amateur

100+ Head-Fier
I got this set a few days ago and I’m completely blown away. If this is what a proper planar magnetic sounds like then consider me hooked. I’m not really savvy with describing SQ but in a nutshell, the sound is super transparent and coherent.

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/headphones-iems/products/pmv-pp

7015ECB5-AF79-45DD-A0C4-036879A2F152.jpeg

Mar 29, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 157
That is a huge Planar driver nearing buds standard☺️

Mar 29, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 157
Mar 29, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 157
I haven’t heard any other planar IEMs, so I can’t make comparisons to the P1, P2, etc. I will say that the bass is well textured and defined although not the best in terms of impact. The detail retrieval on the PMV is insane. I would put it up there with the Thieaudio Monarch and that’s a 9 driver tribid. Seriously, you have to hear it to believe how good the detail retrieval is on this IEM. I’m not much for hype but these are special and I hope more people get the chance to try them. They’re so good that I was compelled to start a thread on them, so take that as you will.

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #9 of 157
The P1 is damn near perfect. The P2 is damn near unusable. I'm very tempted to get the pmv pp, but the P2 has given me major planar trust issues.

I know the detail will be good on any planar, but how's the tuning? And imaging? Stage size?

Can you compare the sound signature to any other iem?

Mar 31, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #10 of 157
I can't wait to receive my pair! I bought them thru CSSbuy for about $115. First saw them on Drop, but $170 was too much of a risk for such an obscure IEM and brand. I'll compare them to my Tin P1 (which I don't really like) and others (Dunu SA6, LZ A7 and JVC HA-FDX1).
I love a good planar headphone (Sundara & Ether CX for me) and I hope to get some of the same feeling with an IEM (the P1 didn't quite do it).

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #12 of 157
I haven’t heard any other planar IEMs, so I can’t make comparisons to the P1, P2, etc. I will say that the bass is well textured and defined although not the best in terms of impact. The detail retrieval on the PMV is insane. I would put it up there with the Thieaudio Monarch and that’s a 9 driver tribid. Seriously, you have to hear it to believe how good the detail retrieval is on this IEM. I’m not much for hype but these are special and I hope more people get the chance to try them. They’re so good that I was compelled to start a thread on them, so take that as you will.

I see the Zen there in the sig so like @zenki said any comparison with the two would be some good info. :)

Apr 5, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #13 of 157
Placed my order. Hopefully I will not be disappointed as they will have some stiff competition!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #15 of 157
I feel that a properly implemented planar platform offers the potential for a natural and realistic sound with excellent detail retrieval. As a planar has the ability to respond quickly to signal changes while moving a good bit of air, it should result in in a very dynamic and immersive listening experience. I have previously owned 2 different planar IEMs but neither measured up to their potential. I am willing to see if the PVM PP has raised the bar over my previous planar IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back