PMV A-01
Apr 9, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #17 of 72
My Deltas are moddet too, tape and a smaller pinhole. The pmv got even lesser Bass than the moddet Deltas.

Ah, that's interesting. I'd take a lesser amount of bass over a too elevated one any time but of course we always want the perfect amount :wink:

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #20 of 72
My pair arrived today. Just got about 30 minutes on them so far but initial impressions are quite good. Very easy going signature so far.

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #21 of 72
Mine arrived today as well. Definitely a good start if one wants to get a taste of hybrid IEMs without spending much. Also a good start to get a taste of BA drivers. Overall details and resolution could be better though (compared to the A73).

/edit: Inner facing vents. Meh. The amount of by how much they are covered also controls the amount of bass.

/edit2: Effect of a completely free and totally blocked vent:

(I usually don't do FR measurements that early, but well...)

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #23 of 72
Put the Havi foam tips on them and subbass got much better. Soundwise these ticks a lot of the right boxes for me and is probably one of the best sub $100 IEM's I've ever heard.

They're a few design/material choices that I'm not crazy about : plastic housing doesn't feel anywhere near premium, the clothed lower part of the cable is a bit too thick, straight 3.5mm connector, no chin slider and no detachable cables....

Fortunately the sound makes up for it and I wouldn't call any of the issues deal-breaker but I'd preferred other choices.

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #25 of 72
I now also use them with comply foam tips and the result is fantastic. Quite a bit more Sub Bass for me but suoer controlled. Like it more then the xoaomi now but the main thing from keeping it behin the deltas for me is the midrange , which on the deltas is more to my liking. Out of my memory the havi's was even better but unfortunately I sold them ..
So I am looking forward to a little pmv-havi comparison to see if I got to give the never havi version a try :p which seems to have just the tiny bjt mkre bass response than the older one.

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #26 of 72
To me the Havi is better but I'm struggling to find any other sub $100 iem in my collection that can challenge the PMV-A01. I'll include the Havi in the comparison section of my review when it's done.

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #27 of 72
  Mine arrived today as well. Definitely a good start if one wants to get a taste of hybrid IEMs without spending much. Also a good start to get a taste of BA drivers. Overall details and resolution could be better though (compared to the A73).

/edit: Inner facing vents. Meh. The amount of by how much they are covered also controls the amount of bass.

/edit2: Effect of a completely free and totally blocked vent:

(I usually don't do FR measurements that early, but well...)

Good job.

May 13, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #30 of 72
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back