PMV A-01
Jul 30, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #63 of 72

Why do you need any other DAPs?

Nevermind, the question of a real "need" does not really make sense in this hobby. 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

just saw this haha so true!

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #68 of 72
New PMV A-01 Mk. II owner here. I've had them for a couple of weeks now, and have been enjoying every moment. My current budget doesn't allow me (and has never allowed me so far) to be privy to high-end audio. I own one full-sized headphone - the ATH-M30 - and several budget KZ IEMs - ATE-S, ZS2 and ZS3. My source is just a simple HP laptop, no amps or external DACs. This is just to show you my background.

Now, there are many user with more experiences ears out there, but here's my two cents: in short, these are great. I've picked them up after several user recommendations, and quite stellar reviews. And I've got to say, this didn't disappoint. They're above the KZs, for sure, and I like them more than the ATH-M30 - though I generally prefer IEMs over full-sized headphones. I think these are a great choice for someone on a budget; someone who likes good sound, but isn't into collecting IEMs (buying model after model after model, just to have them lie in a drawer). They really offer an amazing amount of clarity and detail at a fantastic price.

These can comfortably be your ultimate IEM. I seriously think that whichever IEM you buy within a price of a few hundred $ range will offer only marginal improvements in the sound quality. At least, I know that I won't be buying any more IEMs, not until (or if) I ever go high-end price-wise. Until then, I'm loving the PMV all the way!

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #69 of 72
Got mine today..These are fantastic I must say ...Do they improve with burn in ?If so , as you said , will be an ultimate IEM for the price.. 

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #70 of 72
Hey, glad you got them, and also glad you like them! But then again, what's not to like?
biggrin.gif

The sound of these did change with some burn-in time, but I don't know if that's just an imagined effect of my brain becoming accommodated to the new sound, or an actual physical burn-in. I'm leaning towards the former, as I'm personally not really a burn-in believer. The PMV was a pretty big step-up from my last IEM in terms of quality, and I wasn't accustomed to hearing that much detail. My brain was on overload when listening to them during the first week or so, but they gradually "eased up".

Out of curiosity, which tips are you using?

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #71 of 72
I am using them with the stock small eartips (silicone) . Got them only today , so will be playing around/experimenting with them this weekend..:)

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #72 of 72
Well, come back and share your impressions after a few days use
normal_smile .gif

I'd be interested to hear how you'll perceive them after prolonged use.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I've been cycling through tips. Used the default silicones. Then stuck for a while with KZ-branded 'starline' tips, which seemed to provide me the best sound to my ears. Then went to a few days of Sony soft silicone, which created too good of a seal. I initially strongly disliked the accompanying foam tips, but have given them a go just today and will test them for a few days. Contrary to my initial impressions, I'm finding them quite to my liking. The only one I can't stand in my ear is the bi-flange. I also have some SpinFits on order, so I'll report back when I get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back