Plz help: Schiit Lyr or AOL Pan Am for my LCD-2 ?
Nov 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

tamleo

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody,
I planed buying a Schiit Lyr for my LCD2 r2 at Xmas event this year but i found the Pan Am review on Headfonia website: http://www.headfonia.com/portable-desktop-alo-the-panam/ and this seems to be very good for the LCD2s. The reviewer also said that this is better than the Schiit's and most bigger/higher cost amp when pairing with the LCDs. But i have a small question, that is: if this AOL 's semi-desktop amp is so that "fit" with the LCDs so why is this so race in Head-fi ? (there is only one review :confused_face_2: ) While many folks here said the Schiit Lyr is the best sub $500-700 amp for the LCDs, and this is populary owned too.
I am very confused now =.= Did anyone here own or heard both of these amps? Please give me an advice :xf_eek:
Sorry for my bad English and thanks so much :)

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 17
bump
frown.gif
 is there no one helping me?

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #5 of 17
I'm implied to say the Lyr is better as people LOVE the LCD2 with the Lyr.

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 17
If tube rolling the Lyr, if not, the PanAm. The Lyr is a flat amp with the stock tubes.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:
I have though the Pan Am also has the tube rolling fun
confused_face.gif
 So, do you mean with the best tubes then the lyr will outperform the PanAm? Thank in advance!

What I ment is the stock Lyr < stock Pan Am. The Lyr is very flat stock. But rolled Lyr > Pan Am.
IMO you need to roll either amp to get the best out of it. And that's even more of an investment.

I'd consider the money you'd put into tube rolling and apply that towards a SS amp. Schiit, Burson, Violectric all are front runners.
And all considerably out perform either aforementioned amp.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:
What I ment is the stock Lyr < stock Pan Am. The Lyr is very flat stock. But rolled Lyr > Pan Am.
IMO you need to roll either amp to get the best out of it. And that's even more of an investment.

I'd consider the money you'd put into tube rolling and apply that towards a SS amp. Schiit, Burson, Violectric all are front runners.
And all considerably out perform either aforementioned amp.

sigh..I really love to have a Violectric V100 but it is hard to buy here in the USA. I have read very much articles about the Violectric SS amps and many reviewer said they are truely the good amps, especially for the Audeze headphones.
Even if i find out where to buy the Violectric amps, they are still out of my budget (up to $600) though
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #15 of 17
Ewww don't ruin LCD2s with tubes! Find something solid state with low output impedance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back