Please post your HD 650's serial NUMBERS 650's quality?? Pics inside. Pics needed!!
Jul 8, 2007 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

cherepashka

100+ Head-Fier
somebody who can get a photo or just take a look at their hd 650 without earpads, please..i need your help. I think that fabric around the driver is attached kinda roughly - on my hd 555 it glued-in with much more accuracy. So-is it normal with hd 650 or it's a defective pair??? Post pics of yours if you can.
4uwb52h.jpg

Jul 8, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 19
Normal. Ill post some pics later.

Jul 9, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 19
I'm not very impressed with the internal build quality of the HD650. I've had to open both sides already because the driver popped out of the "holder". It's not even glued, just clicked into the plastic. Even a small shift is already audible and very irritating. I'm thinking of superglueing them in place. Anyone has experience with this?

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not very impressed with the internal build quality of the HD650. I've had to open both sides already because the driver popped out of the "holder". It's not even glued, just clicked into the plastic. Even a small shift is already audible and very irritating. I'm thinking of superglueing them in place. Anyone has experience with this?

NO I have never had nor heard of problems like this. They have a 5 year warranti you should send them back.

Jul 9, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #7 of 19
^ 5 year is for the 600 only. HD650 is a 2 year.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #12 of 19
^Why the hell would you super glue your pads on? Now you cant replace them...

Jul 9, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One driver popped out of its place on my HD650. This was only because I dropped them. Luckily nothing else happened. I noticed the difference in sound immediately. Well I took them to my local Sennnheiser service. It was Friday and he had some headphones in line but he immediately knew what was wrong with my HD650. I was afraid that I'd have to leave them there and wait for a long time but no. He quickly opened the grill and pressed the driver back in. After that he put tiny drops of some superglue there so it'd never pop out again. He put glue on the other side also. My HD650 aren't even bought from Finland but from Germany. He only took a copy of my receipt and everything was ok. No payments for me. Of course I had warranty left on them. They were so tiny drops that it was hard to even notice them. Anyway I was extremely satisfied with this whole process. This must be the best or at least one of the best customer service experience I've had.

This had absolutely no effect on the sound quality. Same sweet sound signature of HD650 before and after glue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back