Please help me. Short Political Survey
Oct 27, 2009 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Netminder

100+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow HeadFiers!

I am a political science major at school in MN and if you wouldn't mind giving me a couple mins of your time I would really appreciate your input on a survey I created. I created this survey to help analyze underlying dimensions in peoples' attitudes toward gun control. I would be happy to post a followup regarding the survey responses for those interested. Thanks a lot for your help on this one!!!!

SurveyMonkey - Survey Preview

Happy Listening,

Scott

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #5 of 18
Done!
Although it may not have been meant for citizens outside the US...

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Done!
Although it may not have been meant for citizens outside the US...

Yup, it could get a strong 'international bias', if there is such a thing.

Only immediate thing that struck me was that a few of the captions/headers seemed unnecessarily long and confusing. You might want to give them a second glance and see you can simplify them some.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably not. We love our guns here.

Agreed
biggrin.gif

Even though I'm not political at all, this is the one issue that I actually care about. Nice survey.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #10 of 18
Why the quiz on the American government? I don't know those things!
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #15 of 18
Note that we normally kill any threads having to do with politics, just as a matter of enforcing the Rules and Terms of Use that prohibit the "discussion" of such.

But I don't see this as being either a "political" thread (as such) or necessarily a "discussion" thread. Thus, I see no reason to close it.

What I would ask, for the benefit of the OP, is that people refrain from discussing their views on the matter of gun control here. To the extent that you wish to express those views, just fill out the survey!

Alternatively, post your thoughts in the gun control thread (which, by the way, is a good example of how we can have a quite healthy non-political discussion about a potentially politically-loaded topic). You see, politics themselves are never the problem; the problem is when people get into unsolvable political arguments just for the sake of the argument itself.

In any case, this thread should be fine so long as it remains confined to the limited purpose of helping the OP out with his survey. If you see any posts that start getting into people's political views on gun control, please report such posts right away so that we can clean up the thread and allow it to stay on target. Again, you can always state your views on gun control in the thread that is dedicated to that purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back