Please help me choose the gear I need for a gaming, blu-ray movie, and "lossless" music PC.
May 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #16 of 24
You have to buy cables. You'll need an optical cable for connecting the DAC to the computer sound card, and RCA cables to connect the DAC to the headphone amp. Schiit has some small RCA cables for that purpose.

Okay. I added the Schiit PYST RCA cables to the list. This "http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Digital-Optical-Audio-Toslink/dp/B001TH7GSW" would be a proper optical cable correct? 

May 7, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #18 of 24
Should be fine
smily_headphones1.gif

You are awesome! Thank you for being patient with me today and helping me. You probably saved me a lot of money and time.

May 7, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #19 of 24
Glad you got that all squared away. It's very easy to spend a lot of money on audio, and not get much for it. You pretty much are getting some of the very best all around gear that you can get for your budget.

Don't get your expectations up too much, but should get decent movie theater level quality of sound (or better) when watching a good movie with good sound, except that the AKG K700 series doesn't do the deeper bass extension. Should be quite fun :)

May 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #21 of 24
One more question. Do you have any idea how we contact the mods and admins? I deleted my profile picture incorrectly and now I get an error when I try to add a new one.

I don't know the best way to do it. But you could flag your own post that you just wrote (see the red flag when using an Internet browser on the bottom left), and then let them know you need help from a moderator or an admin with your profile picture. That would get someone's attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back