Please delete
Jan 25, 2011 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CScape

New Head-Fier
After about a week of spending my every waking moment on these forums trying to figure out what I should buy I finally decided on the A700's.  I am extremely pleased with the sound.  However the fit just isn't for me.  I'm returning them because I feel like I need something a bit more solid on my head.  The 3d wing system does a good job of keeping them super light but they have a tendency to slide down my head as I wear them resulting in having to adjust them every few minutes.

Now this is where your help comes in.  I am looking for another set of headphones and I'm willing to spend around 100 dollars, I can go a bit more expensive if need be. A couple criteria are that they need to be closed back or semi.  I share a dorm room with another person so sound leakage isn't really acceptable.  I will be using them for music, gaming, and movies/tv.

Music Preferences:
Rock, Ska, electronic, fusion, jazz, hip hop.

Gaming:
Large soundstage preferable.

Source will be my laptop so something easy to drive.

Price:
100 and up too 150.

Thanks for all your help.

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Some more options for ya:

AKG K 240 studio

Beyerdynamic DT 440

Sennheiser HD 555

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
You can find the ATH-M50s for around $150, although I don't remember much about the soundstage.

Compared to a lot of the other headphones in that price range, the M50's don't have much of a soundstage (it's definitely there, but it lacks depth). It's enough for listening to music and movies, but I don't think they're particularly suited for competitive gamers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back