Playaz N1
Jun 24, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #346 of 506

Quote:
Just got my Fiio E5 mini amp!

Plugged my Playaz N1

my sansa clip on the other end

set everything on bass heavy mode

turned it on,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!!

HOLY BASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
L3000.gif
L3000.gif

I'm a extreme basshead and this time I have to say enough, that's insane amount of bass.

PRO TIP: Put the bass boost switch on the E5 in the middle, yes, in the middle! It's hard at the beggining but try it with the music playing. You will notice a big difference in sound compared to the bass either on or off! 

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #348 of 506
Oh well, I just ordered 4 different set from Thomas, I'll have to put the MTPC purchase on hold for a while now.

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #350 of 506
Well 8 months after starting this thread my N1's are still going strong, lasting much longer than my IE8's did, so the build quality can't be that bad.

Ordered the TD100's yesterday from Thomas' site given the special price, hope you guys are right about their quality :)

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #351 of 506
^^ I hope you're all correct as well as I ordered the following which look to have been posted already;

1x Xears TD100
1x Xears TM1PRO
1x Xears XR120PRO
1x Xears Nature Revolution XNR120PRO
4x Black Xears Black Pouch
Foam tips

Dom

Jun 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #352 of 506
Which models, if any, are friendliest to a non-amped, joe consumer source? I was considering getting a couple pair for me and a friend. For me I don't mind, but I'd want to send her something user friendly. Or do they all require fine tuned input (to be worth it over just buying her an M6).

Jun 24, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #353 of 506

Quote:
Which models, if any, are friendliest to a non-amped, joe consumer source? I was considering getting a couple pair for me and a friend. For me I don't mind, but I'd want to send her something user friendly. Or do they all require fine tuned input (to be worth it over just buying her an M6).

None of the models I've tried require an amp.  They sound great straight out of my iPod Touch and my Sansa Clip+.  Amping isn't required.  I have tested them with my Fiio E3 and my PA2V2, but my upcoming review will be based on my experience straight out of my iPod.  At the affordable prices these are offered for, I would recommend picking up the N3 and the TD100.  Both models are forgiving enough to enjoy lower quality mp3's (160k to 192k) out of any source.  Better yet, you may want to pick up two of each.  It'll be hard to give up one or the other to your friend.  Hope that helps.

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #355 of 506

Quote:

PRO TIP: Put the bass boost switch on the E5 in the middle, yes, in the middle! It's hard at the beggining but try it with the music playing. You will notice a big difference in sound compared to the bass either on or off! 

what the... secret mode?

the sound just magically improved, now it sounds wider, like with surround effect!!!

thanks for the tip!

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #356 of 506

Quote:

Definitely TD100 and N3 or XNR120 PRO II. These are the best 3 models at the moment IMHO, being TD100 the best of all. Enjoy high-end sound at an incredible low price! 

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #357 of 506

Quote:

what the... secret mode?

the sound just magically improved, now it sounds wider, like with surround effect!!!

thanks for the tip!

Haha indeed! Its weird right? I thought i was going mad :)
It sounds like you "open a door" to the sound, it gets much clearer and natural

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #358 of 506

Quote:
Definitely TD100 and N3 or XNR120 PRO II. These are the best 3 models at the moment IMHO, being TD100 the best of all. Enjoy high-end sound at an incredible low price! 

You're gettin me all excited in the pants. I currently use the Meelec M6, which I am fond of. How would you say they (any of them) compare? I saw the M6 compared early in the thread, but the opinion seemed tentative and it was before other Playaz models entered the discussion I think. 

Meelec is going to be releasing one or more higher end models soon, so they say, which I'm kinda waiting for. That's the only thing making me hold off...maybe.

Jun 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #359 of 506
I have the meelec M6 (newer ones) and i prefer the N3 but i think it's more due to personal preference than pure sound quality. I find the M6 a bit too aggressive, at least to my ears. I prefer smoother IEMs. I can't seem to find a good listening volume with the M6, they are either too loud or too quiet. It's quite weird, they are very lively!

I will be receiving the TD100 soon so we'll see how they compare (i'm personally looking forward to comparing them to the RE0).

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #360 of 506
All day long listening to TD100 and going to N3 now... oh man, what a difference! TD100's bass is sooooo much better (definition/detail and more weight on sub-bass) as it is mids and highs, soundstage, instrument separation, etc. Definitely other league. I'm thrilled with these IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back