Playaz N1
May 7, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #166 of 506

Quote:
good choice. i have n3,xm1,sonia II, and tm1pro and definitely tm1 beats all. Except the n3 has a bigger soundstage and sounds more natural. You wont believe how good it is..

I contacted Thomas and he told me TD100 and TM1 Pro were exactly the same earphone, same driver same specs, only with different casing and plugs.

So I took the N1, AR100, TD100 and some free accesories for 60. This guys Thomas makes great discounts
smile_phones.gif
. And I was about to bid 54 euros for a single pair of TD100... Didnt got the sonia because they are ugly, I hate orange color.

Will post impressions once they arrive. 

May 7, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #168 of 506
Cannot think of a better phrase: these things are absolutely ridiculous!

I've bought a pair of AR100 and TM1 PRO for basically peanuts from Playaz audio.
They got here this morning and burning in since.
The Xears in particular sound like very serious IEMs and really reflect their suggested retail price (100+ euro).
Love the brown finish too.
AR100 is not bad either and really sing with James' suggested EQ settings.
Comparing them to my resident Soundmagics and Nuforce these perform on a different level (higher)
I'll let them burn in for a few more days and do some serious listening in the mean time.

These things really are ridiculous. Grab yourself a bargain even for curiosity's sake.

May 7, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #170 of 506

Quote:
Cannot think of a better phrase: these things are absolutely ridiculous!

I've bought a pair of AR100 and TM1 PRO for basically peanuts from Playaz audio.
They got here this morning and burning in since.
The Xears in particular sound like very serious IEMs and really reflect their suggested retail price (100+ euro).
Love the brown finish too.
AR100 is not bad either and really sing with James' suggested EQ settings.
Comparing them to my resident Soundmagics and Nuforce these perform on a different level (higher)
I'll let them burn in for a few more days and do some serious listening in the mean time.

These things really are ridiculous. Grab yourself a bargain even for curiosity's sake.

ya think its comparable to the turbines?

May 8, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #171 of 506
I fully support audiofils statement.

These are right out of the box really good (if only the cable of them was like the N3 for all of them) although in fairness the N1's bass is too much even for my taste. Definitely bass-head and dark territory, but the first impression is that the TM1Pro come close to my FX500 (without the super extended treble but let's see what burn in does to them). No small feat and especially not at the price. Isolation seems to be a lot better than with the FX500 which was basically my main grip about those...

Edit: tip-selection helps, a mid size ebay thinnish silicone biflange tamed the bass in the N1 to about the right amount, but the airiness seems to remain. The build quality is pretty apalling though and mids may be a bit recessed even without bass overshadowing them though

May 8, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #173 of 506
Are you referring to the TM1Pro? I should get a second clip to use to burn in stuff :D

May 8, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #176 of 506
Ouch, the TM1 Pro just shocked my ear twice. Not nice, not at all nice

May 10, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #180 of 506

Quote:
Just got myself almost the whole range. Except the N1. Its seems like its going to be phased out.

Lets see how they fair against my Meelec M6.

I would be very interested to hear that.

I have the M6 and i'm very intrigued about these Playaz/XEars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back