Playaz N1
Apr 29, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #151 of 506
Great find, Thomas has some new design phones TD100 that look like Monster Turbines (wonder how they sound?).

May 4, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #152 of 506
Just got the N1's and have only been listening for twenty minutes and am shockingly impressed already. The bass didnt seem that huge to me straight off just weirdly vague and all over the place, it already seems to be improving tho and have just turned it down a few notches on rockbox.
Amazing space and airiness, very clear and sparkly treble, voices sound lovely...Im loving these and Ive barely started fiddling with EQ.
Im thinking these are the easily the impovement over the soundmagic pl30's that, for me, the Pl50's failed to be...yep definately my sort of sound signature, much more fun than RE0's, tho I dont have them anymore to compare directly.

May 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #153 of 506
pinkmoon, I'm so glad you seem to like the N1, so at least one of your purchases is living up to your expectations. Even though I own several top-tier IEMs that cost many times the price of the Playaz, the N1 are still among my very favorites. Frankly, I expected you to hate them right out of the box, but it's great if you don't, because I can assure you they will only get better over time.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #154 of 506
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pinkmoon, I'm so glad you seem to like the N1, so at least one of your purchases is living up to your expectations. Even though I own several top-tier IEMs that cost many times the price of the Playaz, the N1 are still among my very favorites. Frankly, I expected you to hate them right out of the box, but it's great if you don't, because I can assure you they will only get better over time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Was listening to them a lot more last night ( through cowon d2 and icon mobile) and really Im quite shocked at how good they are for the price. I swear I can hear more nuances in detail, for example on guitar strings, than I could on the RE0, this is quite surprising to say the least.

Tho if there is one thing Ive learned from my time with various IEM's is that correct fit is crucial, (and may account for some of the wildly differing opinions on the same IEM here on head fi) and Im not entirely convinced I had the best seal on the RE0's.
Anyway everything sounds bigger and more realistic to my ears with these, and female voices seem to have a particularly lovely liquidy edge to them.

Soo Im guessing if I were to spend a bit more money to get this sort of sound signature with a better build quality and less need for EQing the IE8's would be the one to go for?

May 5, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #155 of 506
^ You're right, out of the IEMs I know, the IE8 would be closest to the N1 in sound signature. You'd gain much better build quality, less need for EQing and no hassle with driver crackling. Yet you'd give up a bit of airiness and bass authority. Don't get me wrong, the IE8 has great bass, but it just doesn't sound as close to full sized headphones as the N1.

May 6, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #157 of 506
@James, Just to be perverse I ordered the Panasonic HJE900's in the end :)
Listening to Matmos's earphonetastic and slightly scary 'The rose has teeth in the mouth of a beast' on the N1's in the dark last night with the music seemingly swirling around my head rather than within it I figured Im not gonna improve on this for soundstage so I may as well get something a bit different to contrast with the playaz.

May 6, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #158 of 506
^ It's not easy to be regarded as perverse here and certainly takes more than ordering multiple IEMs within a few days.
wink.gif

Having said that, I'm really curious what you'll think of the Pannies, to me they are somewhere in between the N1 and the RE0, with punchy bass and forward and detailed highs. Build quality is top notch and I really like not having to worry when I just shove them into a pocket or bag.

May 6, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #159 of 506
Hi everybody. I've been looking for some super bassy iem for a good while now. The other day I started a thread asking about which bassy iem to buy and people recommended very expensive ones, such as the atrio and the superfi 5 eb. Truth is, I dont want to spend that much on a earphone as I am a casual listener of portable music, most of the times I can do it in my house of in the car.

I am a total basshead and according to what most people here said, the N1 will be enough for me. Now that I am ready to order, I have few question for you guys

1. In the playaz-audio site, the N1 is called "Playaz Nature N1" is this the same as the N1 mentioned in this thread??
2. I also want to order another cheaper pair for backup, which should I get, the Sonia II or the X-ears XM1? I want a small earphone with similar bassy sound of the N1.

3. Have anyone tried their Turbo music TM1 Pro? They say these are "TOPPREIS! HAMMER KOPFHÖRER!!" I dont what what does it means, but if they add the word hammer on a earphone, it must be good right?

May 6, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #160 of 506
1. Playaz Nature N1 is the same.
2. Get the Sonia II, they are much bassier than the XM1.
3. Haven't heard these, but "HAMMER KOPFHÖRER!!" means "awesome phone!!".
Just keep in mind both the N1 and Sonia II are open, meaning little isolation. But sound is top notch for the price.
L3000.gif

May 7, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #161 of 506
I have a TM1 Pro on the way to me (tho for some reason it went to Austria first) - will definitely post some impressions when I get them

May 7, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #162 of 506

Quote:
I have a TM1 Pro on the way to me (tho for some reason it went to Austria first) - will definitely post some impressions when I get them

good choice. i have n3,xm1,sonia II, and tm1pro and definitely tm1 beats all. Except the n3 has a bigger soundstage and sounds more natural. You wont believe how good it is..

May 7, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #164 of 506
Or maybe the tracking feature is random as it usually is. I have received national packages before they were posted so who knows :D

May 7, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #165 of 506
Question, does anyone know if 4-Satisfaction Store ships to the US and if so, what are their international shipping rates? I'm thinking about bidding on the AR100s but I don't want to pay a ridiculous shipping charge on top of the price of the item itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back