Planning to buy a Sennheiser Hd 595 (50 ohms) to replace my Sennheiser HD 448
Dec 31, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #17 of 20
They have it right. Bassheads won't be happy with the 595s, but the bass that's in the 595s will be tight, controlled, and dare I say crisp. 

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #18 of 20

595 and 555 are almost identical. didn't see a headroom graph for the 595. so it looks like the 555 will have more bass than your current 448, and will have much better low end.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #19 of 20
Alright thanks. I was thinking about selling the HD 448's.  I've owned them for pretty much 1 year and have kept them for in good condition for the most part.  Does anyone know how much I should sell them for. Amazon sells new ones for one hundred dollars.

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #20 of 20
Something worth noting - unless you've already pulled the trigger (which I am guessing is likely at this point)...

You mentioned that you're going to use them as portables?

I advise against this; these headphones do NOT isolate.  They are entirely open backed....everyone around you will hear your music and you will hear their conversations.

Killer desk phones for the price though - I'd even ditch the e5.  50 ohms is on the edge for needed the amp, but I have heard from a couple places the e5 colors the sound a bit.  I say get the cans and try them ampless - if you're not satisfied think about the e5.

If you want portables DON'T go 595.  I have suggestions for you if you're thinking portables.

I personally love my HD 448 as portables for the time being - good sound for 100$!  We'll see how long before I upgrade the mobile setup..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back