Planar Obsession: old Fostex T50
Jul 20, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #76 of 82
And yeah uhh, just, FYI, this stuff is pretty damn permanent... destroyed the HM5 pads on my monitor 10-II when I tried to take them off. The leather ripped apart and wouldn't come off the cups. Had to scrape the residue off with a razor blade...

Mine hasn't arrived yet.  Going to have to test it with some scraps I suppose...

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #77 of 82
And yeah uhh, just, FYI, this stuff is pretty damn permanent... destroyed the HM5 pads on my monitor 10-II when I tried to take them off. The leather ripped apart and wouldn't come off the cups. Had to scrape the residue off with a razor blade...

Quote:
  Mine hasn't arrived yet.  Going to have to test it with some scraps I suppose...

And it arrived shortly after I posted...

I tested it with a scrape of Ultrasuede, stuck to some plastic shelves I have sitting next to my desk, and clamped it there for a couple hours.  It held fast to Ultrasuede and came right off the plastic.  Will have to give it a longer term test and see if I get different results.

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #78 of 82
Which modern production headphones sound similar to Fostex T50? Maybe just with a bit better resolution but without sacrifying smoothnes.

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #80 of 82
  Which modern production headphones sound similar to Fostex T50? Maybe just with a bit better resolution but without sacrifying smoothnes.

Not gonna happen man. A "super" non-fazor LCD-3 is what you want, but it won't last. The drivers slowly die over time. 

The LCD-2.2 is close... ish. There's a sense of ultimate clarity you lose with the Audeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back