Placebo/Snake oil reigns supreme!
Jun 9, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #31 of 46
skip pat's posts and i think you'll find the insanity decreases hugely
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm actually honestly concerned for this fellow's mental health

Jun 9, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #32 of 46
Had anybody tried to cover the head with the ESR paper, to see if the ideas flow in a more congruent way???...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
...sorry I couldn't resist...

I think that we could try convince Jude to dedicate a section in this forum just for Patrick...and keep him there only...

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had anybody tried to cover the head with the ESR paper, to see if the ideas flow in a more congruent way???...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
...sorry I couldn't resist...

I think that we could try convince Jude to dedicate a section in this forum just for Patrick...and keep him there only...

They should make an "Extreme" section where the skeptics can't post.

Jun 9, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should make an "Extreme" section where the skeptics can't post.

"Extreme" is not precisely the name that crossed my mind for it, trust me on that...

But we agree that, of course, skeptics will not be allowed to post, (and I think that any sane person will do neither, but that is just a very personal point of view ...)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had anybody tried to cover the head with the ESR paper, to see if the ideas flow in a more congruent way???

ERS paper got me a raise and a promotion at work!

icon10.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...lpointsers.htm

A 0.09s variance is well within the margin of error caused by temperature differences at the track along with reaction times and track conditions. A proper measurement would be done on a dyno under standardized conditions. If the torque & horsepower curves are the same, then there is no difference.

Jun 10, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #37 of 46
Placebo or tweaks is part of the fun of the hobby. Personally, I find that spending a lot of money on a mini cable to be funny but if it makes you feel better and it looks cool, then go for it. This hobby is a personal joy for many of us. We love to pamper our babies.

Jun 10, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #39 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If somebody tells me to put wet socks around my HD650 to make it unveiled and sound like an orpheus, and if I think it sounds better, I would not have any regret or guilt.

It does help.

Jun 10, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #40 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dad insists it makes a difference
biggrin.gif

p1070128largegu7.jpg

Since there is no perfect dielectric, there is no denying a difference that makes. Though I am led to believe the wax coating on those cups are worse than your wooden floor. . .

Oh and the difference is orders of magnitude beyond even measurable- only mathematically tangible. So is it worth it that there is no way in heck anyone could hear a difference? Well. If a tree falls in a forest...

Jun 10, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #41 of 46
Patrick,

You do make some major claims on this paper.

Has anybody taken up the challenge to see if the paper does work, or do we just laugh at Patrick because of his claims? I enjoy a good laugh and don't mind being laughed at, but if someone is honest in their intent, then it is rude and arrogant to discount it without trying.

Similarly, if grammer and spelling are grounds for abuse, why aren't there checkers for this? For such a great forum, there are some people who look to p-ss on people's parties. I guess that's to be expected with the education and monitary level of it's participants. Some people have to find a way to prove they're superior.

Education of fact is the best way to prove opinion wrong and allow those who are ignorant of the topic to learn (me). If you doubt the claims, challenge it or let live. But do it humorously because we do enjoy a good chuckle.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled BS.......

Jun 10, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick,

Has anybody taken up the challenge to see if the paper does work, or do we just laugh at Patrick because of his claims? I enjoy a good laugh and don't mind being laughed at, but if someone is honest in their intent, then it is rude and arrogant to discount it without trying.

Similarly, if grammer and spelling are grounds for abuse, why aren't there checkers for this? For such a great forum, there are some people who look to p-ss on people's parties. I guess that's to be expected with the education and monitary level of it's participants. Some people have to find a way to prove they're superior.

Education of fact is the best way to prove opinion wrong and allow those who are ignorant of the topic to learn (me). If you doubt the claims, challenge it or let live. But do it humorously because we do enjoy a good chuckle.

I do not think that someone will take so seriously Patrick, to invest is things that he recomends...Sorry...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick,

TBH, I just laugh at him.

Jun 10, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TBH, I just laugh at him.

People with stock earbuds laugh at headphones because they are too big and ugly.
People with nude gear laugh at gear covered in ERS Paper because it's ugly.

Instead of trying it for themselves, they just laugh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back