Placebo/Snake oil reigns supreme!
Jun 12, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #46 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by a shovel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh and the difference is orders of magnitude beyond even measurable- only mathematically tangible. So is it worth it that there is no way in heck anyone could hear a difference? Well. If a tree falls in a forest...

Then Head-Fi will claim it can hear it--they laid down an ERS paper trail through that particular forest, you see.

I know and understand the kind of tweaks the OP is talking about, but I have to say that there are plenty of cheap tweaks that do make a substantial difference in some systems. I suppose that these are not highly debatable, however, so tweaks such as different tips for X3s or the Kramer mod don't exactly fall into the category of tweaks the OP has in mind. However, I feel it bears mention as an example of tweaks that do, in fact, make a tangible difference. If people see how effective some simple tweaks are, it is that much easier for them to believe that other tweaks do. Starting from the simple, they work their way up, and before you know it, we've got a running joke about a type of paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back