Pittsburgh Meet: Sunday, December 19th
Nov 30, 2004 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok guys, this is my first time hosting anything like this, but I'll try my hardest to make it enjoyable for all attendees
smily_headphones1.gif
I will get to the details of the meet later in this post. But in the meantime, here is a list of members who are coming, and what gear they can provide. No sense in bringing two of the same thing, unless your's has different mods/cables etc...

ME!
[size=xx-small]Amps:
PPA w/ Intersils
Maxed portable ZMoy
Millet Hybrid (this is a possibility)

Headphones
Sennheiser HD580 + Oehlbach's & Clou Blue (I also have HD650 grilles)
Etymotic ER-4S
Audio Technica CM5 (just bought them)
Sennheiser MX400

Sources
Toshiba SD-3950
iRiver iHP-120
Chaintech AV-710 (I'll set up my PC with ~75gb of MP3's)

Power Related
None
frown.gif
Just a bunch of power strips...
[/size]
Gsferrari [size=xx-small]*This is a tentative list, depending on what he decides to bring*
Amps:
Gilmore V2 a.k.a : Kali
Gilmore Dynahi MAX! a.k.a : Shiva
Ray Samuels Emmeline SR-71
Grado HPA-1
self made CMOY

Headphones
Sennheiser HD-650 + cables
Grado HP-1000
Grado SR-60
Alessandro MS2
Koss PortaPro 2
Sony CD-3000

Sources
Sony scd-c222-es
Sony D-25 PCDP
Rio Karma
Laptop + Audigy (to demonstrate DVD-A)

Power Related
Monster HTS-2500 Power Conditioner
[/size]
tkam [size=xx-small]
Amps:
JMT built PPA w/ glassman diamond buffer, opa627s, and dact stepped attenuator

Headphones
CD3000 maple woody's
Senn HD600 Bubinga woody's
Beyer DT770/80s
*All have Headphile replacement cables*

Sources
Music Hall Maverick w/ underwood hifi mods
iRiver H320

Misc
Maple Tree Audio lr-1 line router (for source and amp switching)
[/size]
Harrath [size=xx-small]
Headphones
Sennheiser HD650

Sources
Phillips 963SA (possibly)
[/size]
Kikkoman [size=xx-small]
Amps:
Gilmore V2

Headphones
Grado SR-100
Sennheiser HD-595

Sources
iAudio M3
EMU 1212 (possibly)
[/size]
GlowWorm [size=xx-small]
Amps:
Eddie Current HD300

Headphones
Sennheiser HD580 + Blue Dragon cables

Sources
Marantz CD6000 OSE
[/size]
Jose Perez [size=xx-small]
Amps:
Meta42
ASL MG Head OTL

Headphones
Senn HD-495's
Senn PX-100's
AKG K501's

Sources
iAudio M3
[/size]

Ok, now for the meet details... I will set up my dining room and living room with tables so we can setup the amps and sources. Also, any overflow can probably fit in the kitchen, which is right next to the dining room. Bring any power related components you wish, since all I have are some power strips (4-5 of them).

As far as food goes, I guess we can just order some pizza or hoagies. $5-$10 each should foot the bill. I can grab a cube of soda too, and if you want any alcoholic beverages, bring them yourself (I'm almost 21 though!).

PM for the directions, I'd like to keep that information private
tongue.gif
Parking shouldn't be a problem. There is a little culdasac thingie off of the main road where my townhouse is, which has plenty of room. For the meet time, I'd like to shoot for a starting time of 11-12 noon. The meet will end when everyone decides to leave, I'm not setting a certain time to kick everyone out
cool.gif

Also, make sure you bring a digital camera! I don't have one, but I might be able to borrow one.

If I forgot anything, please let me know, as I'm sure I'll be updating this thread! You can also shoot me an IM if you have questions, I'm on most of the time.

Thanks!

Nov 30, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 54
I'll be bringing the following:

Sources:

Music Hall Maverick w/ underwood hifi mods
iRiver H320

Amps:

JMT built PPA w/ glassman diamond buffer, opa627s, and dact stepped attenuator
Headsave Go-Vibe

Headphones:

CD3000 maple woody's
Senn HD600 Bubinga woody's
Beyer DT770/80s

all headphones have headphile black silver replacement cables.

Misc:

maple tree audio lr-1 line router (useful for switching between sources and amps quickly)

Nov 30, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #4 of 54
I'm coming for sure, and here's what I can bring.

Headphones:
SR-100
HD-595

Amps:
Gilmore V2

Sources:
E-MU 1212m (possibly)
iAUDIO M3

I can only bring my computer if someone will drive me over to my apartment so I can pick it up. It's only like a 10 minute drive, and you can even stay in the car
biggrin.gif

Edit: Woohoo!!! 100 posts!!

Dec 1, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 54
Maybe I can borrow one of my parents cars to help you out Kikkoman, I'd really like to hear the 1212!

Dec 2, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 54
Count me in. I work until 3AM the night before so I may need a little Red Bull to get me down there by 11AM but what the hell, you only live once.
blink.gif

Anyways I'll bring along the following:

Source
iAudio M3

Headphones
Senn HD-495's
Senn PX-100's
& the K501's I just bought

Amps
Meta42
and the ASL MG Head OTL I just bought as well

In case no one could tell I used this meet as the excuse I've been looking for to buy a few of the pieces I've been looking at. Didn't want to show up empty handed you know
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2004 at 4:54 AM Post #7 of 54
YES! I have to send my K501's back to their rightful owner this friday, and I've really fallen in love with these babies. Looks like us two shall have fun plugging them into every amp at the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll try to have some food ready as well, especially for you Jose Perez
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2004 at 9:37 AM Post #8 of 54
Somewhere around that weekend I'm going to be heading back from Urbana, IL to Bethesda, MD and I pass within a half hour or so of Pittsburgh. My plan is to get back to Maryland earlier in the week (probably around Thursday the 16th) but if I get delayed I might have to stop by on my way back. It's seven hours plus from Urbana to Pittsburgh though, so if this thing starts at 11am I might not be there until a couple hours into it. I'd have to play weather by ear too.

So basically, if the stars align, I might be there. May even have my CD player built by then, we'll see.
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2004 at 10:44 PM Post #9 of 54
Well if the chances are good that you will be coming strohmie, shoot me a PM and I can give you my address.

Dec 3, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #10 of 54
I'll be back from cambridge on the 16th, so I plan on making it. Unfortunately, I've gotten out of the headphone game in favor of a 2 channel rig, but the dynahi beacons.

Dec 6, 2004 at 2:05 PM Post #11 of 54
I'm really interested in finding out about all those cans and sources and it's probably too good of an opportunity to pass up. But unfortunately, I have final exams until the 21st of December...

Headphones or the finals?
confused.gif

Also, I'm pretty new into this hobby (for the lack of a better word) and do not own cans of the caliber of those listed above. Is that alright?

Dec 6, 2004 at 2:35 PM Post #14 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
I'll have another pair of headphoens to bring to the meet. I'm getting a pair of woody cd3000's with HP1000 drivers soon.

-Todd

Oh wow!! you got those!?!?!
eek.gif

I have a HP1000 which will be at the meet
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back