Pitbulls invade old woman's home, chew her face off
Aug 24, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #91 of 131
I have been training MoMo to be a vicious attack dog.

Edwood_Mojito_Toys_8-27-06_01.jpg

So far, not so much success.

-Ed

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #92 of 131
I think you're training her to lick people to death
icon10.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #93 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand why people don't get a German Shepherd instead of a pitbull. They are superior in almost every way I can think of. Absolutely stunning animals.

Pitbulls are better fighters.

I love German Sheperds though, but they can be scary with an irresponsible owner. I do believe some countries have banned Sheperds, but they are one of the best working breeds (if not THE best). Those dogs have LOTS of natural drive.

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #97 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been training MoMo to be a vicious attack dog.

So far, not so much success.

-Ed

I can relate to this, my dog, a shihtzu-maltese mixed, are the most ADHD dog whenever there's a new guest coming to our house. She will run around, greet, jump & lick all around the person coming to our house. Fortunately, she's small & cute so people won't mind her, imagine if she's a pitbull
tongue.gif

Dogs-011_Medium_.JPG

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #98 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can relate to this, my dog, a shihtzu-maltese mixed, are the most ADHD dog whenever there's a new guest coming to our house. She will run around, greet, jump & lick all around the person coming to our house. Fortunately, she's small & cute so people won't mind her, imagine if she's a pitbull
tongue.gif

Dogs-011_Medium_.JPG

I assume that's a pic of her?

She's adorable!

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #99 of 131
Im with the people that blame the owners for all the attacks, not the dogs or the breed. Yes pitbulls are agressive, maybe they are the most aggressive dogs but they are still dogs, if all their needs are met they will be good pets. And by that im including what aphex posted about drive/focus, if that part is neglected then it is all on the owner for being misinformed/irresponsible I dont care how much they love and baby the pitbull. Also with all the "alarming" articles and statistics like the one redshifter posted remember first that correlation does not necessarily imply causation and also that the media has a bias, it will only report things that are shocking/exciting and sadly in the case of the pitbull it is pretty much only bad publicity.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #100 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are basing your opinion on one case--your mom's dog.

"'When you have a mauling where a 12-year-old child is killed and when 50 to 60 percent of our hearings for vicious and dangerous animals are for pit bulls, you don't have to be a brain surgeon to see we have a problem with pit bulls,' Friedman said."
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGRODDH561.DTL

That article was written by a single writer with their own opinion.

The whole "hearings of vicious and dangerous animals" is pretty stupid as well, it's just what they put on the news, it has very little relevance to facts. Going along with this would be like saying "80 percent of bar fights start with drunk people, we have a problem with drunks" or "50 to 60 percent of gun deaths are caused by semiautomatic 9mm pistols, therefore they are more dangerous than 40cal.

I am quite certain that even if pit bulls are outlawed, people will simply train other dogs to take their "place" in the world. Any animal trained to fight and living under such stress as these dogs with their types of owners will be dangerous. Don't worry, they'll shut up about it on the news soon enough and pick another "dangerous breed".

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #101 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The whole "hearings of vicious and dangerous animals" is pretty stupid as well, it's just what they put on the news, it has very little relevance to facts. Going along with this would be like saying "80 percent of bar fights start with drunk people, we have a problem with drunks" or "50 to 60 percent of gun deaths are caused by semiautomatic 9mm pistols, therefore they are more dangerous than 40cal.

I am quite certain that even if pit bulls are outlawed, people will simply train other dogs to take their "place" in the world. Any animal trained to fight and living under such stress as these dogs with their types of owners will be dangerous. Don't worry, they'll shut up about it on the news soon enough and pick another "dangerous breed".

Drunk people can be a problem... Which is why underage drinking and drinking while driving is such a big issue.

Same with pistols in the wrong hands, it has nothing to do with caliber. Again, this is why concealed weapons and unlicensed gun owners are such a big deal.

The law needs more leverage to take action, not a full ban.

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #102 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FallenAgnel
If you know it or not you are offering a "strawman argument". You set up the opposing side with a false claim that you can easily knock down, like a strawman.

Your claim is I want to ban pitbulls. I never said that.

It is like those who think handgun control means banning all guns. Another strawman argument, and in most cases these folks are just asking for the laws on the books to be enforced.

Aug 24, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #103 of 131
I remember reading somewhere that the dog with the most reported dog bites is a Cocker Spaniel....difference is, teh Cocker SPaniels bites/attacks aren't lethal.

So like it was said earlier...the truth is grossly misrepresented.

I personally don't like pits. My sister had one that was a HUGE baby to everybody in the family, but it HATED black people and anybody messing with the family. It was the biggest baby in the world, and my nieces and nephews grew up around it, pulling his ears, riding him etc. Never once did we even think there would be an issue, and tehre never was. BUT, we would have to be careful of what we said around non-family members/close friends because any escalation would get him rowdy. Pits are crazy, any dog can be....but those dogs are just crazy to begin with....

Aug 24, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #104 of 131
The stories about wonderful pitbulls who suddenly turn violent for no apparent reason are about as valid as the stories of all the perfectly innocent, full of life kids who die in gangs fights, street racing, and various other criminal activities.

If you don't know all the circumstances behind the situation, those stories mean nothing, and come directly from the owners of the dog. How many dog owners are going to say "Yeah, I knew he'd bite someone's leg off someday, that violent little SOB"?

Aug 24, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #105 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

Dogs-011_Medium_.JPG

Wow, she looks a lot like MoMo!
smily_headphones1.gif

MoMo is quite the opposite, though. She is very shy, and runs away from people. She has the most ineffective defense technique. She gets major diarrhea if someone strange tries to chase her and stresses her out. But the poo-cano doesn't happen for a couple of hours. Now if she could crap on people on command, that would be a more effective weapon.

She was a rescue, so who knows how she was treated, but obviously there are some issues, but she is so much better than when we first adopted her.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back