Pitbulls invade old woman's home, chew her face off
Aug 22, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 131
The poor terrier
frown.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 131
I caught myself thinking sometimes if isn't a good move for the human nation to ban this breed for ever. Prohibit reprodution and exterminate them all.

This is not the first time that something like this happen and will not be the last for sure ...

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #6 of 131
All the blame rests squarely on the owner's head.

He clearly (from the video) did not have his pitbulls properly secured in his yard. Also, while the pitbull terrier is an aggressive breed, any dog breed that attacks people without provocation has clearly been neglected or abused.

Morons like this dog's owner and Mike Vick need to have huge fines and prison time for their crimes. And anyone who breeds or owns a pitbull terrier should have to pay a $10,000 licence fee for each animal. Don't like it? Then don't get a pitbull you stupid macho *********.

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 131
Quote:

Neighbors say they have had problems in the past with the two pit bulls running wild.

Put the owner in a cage with Michael Vick, let them fight to the death, shoot the the winner.

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #9 of 131
It's not the owner's fault - he had the two dogs safely confined to a yard that was fenced in... AND HELD TOGETHER WITH A PIECE OF ROPE!

Perhaps the owner can find another use for that rope. A noose makes a great necktie.

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #10 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by kbasanti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pitbulls are just given a bad name. It DOES depend on the owner, my neighbor has a pitbull, and it is a really nice and loyal dog...

Pitbulls and other guard breeds (Rotts, American Bulldogs, and even Boxers and German Shepherds to some extent) all need a firm hand to become good dogs. Dogs are like people. Just because a guy is 6'4" 225lbs doesn't automatically make him dangerous, just as a guys who's 5'5" and 130lbs could be deadly.

The problem is that pretty much any dog will be good to its owner. You're the source of food and companionship, and over time the dog becomes submissive simply because if it doesn't it won't get food or companionship. When the animal isn't socialized it's easy to think it's a good dog.

People really need to be extra careful with these breeds. They *can* be good, but for inexperienced owners start with a 'safe' breed like a Pug, Lab, Golden Retriver, etc. Those breeds are the opposite, you have to train dominance and agression into them, not out of them.

--Illah

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #11 of 131
Well; in most places you can't carry a six-gun on your hip and wear brass knuckles with a switch-blade in your teeth, so I guess a mean puppy is the next best thing.

Aug 22, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #12 of 131
Pitbulls are a breed prone to violence. I'm a dog lover, I know dogs tend to turn out how you raise them, but the statistics show that pitbulls are way over-represented in violent incidents.

In the last 20 years in the US, the Centers for Disease Control found that 32% of fatal injuries from dogs were caused by pit bulls:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGRODDH561.DTL
When just one breed causes a third of all dog deaths, it's hard not to conclude that there's something particularly dangerous about pit bulls.

Aug 22, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #15 of 131
Inexperienced owners should not get pitbull. They should make it mandatory for pitbull owners to be tested to show they can handle this dog.
I hate it when I walk around my dog and meet unleashed pitbull with no owner's around or to far to prevent any thing that might happen. I don't want to gamble with my life to make sure that pitbull is friendly or not.
For the record, I loved dogs and will get chow chow (another misrepresented breed) in the future. Btw, having multiple agressive dogs in your house is accident waiting to happen. IMHO (ex: Ving Rhames' incident)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back