Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Sep 13, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #91 of 530
Anyone experiencing imbalance? My right earpiece is audibly softer/less dynamic than the left. Doesn't matter if i swap the signal around, so surely its not my amp's imbalance. I played a mono track and it is indeed softer/more distant but not lower in volume, if that makes any sense.

It was always there and I initially thought its just my right ears' poorer seal. But when I wore it downwards and fliped L&R channels, imbalance is still there in the left ear!

Im sure its not the cable since I swapped the cables and the softnes in the right earpiece remains.

Its very subtle but annoying. Cant return it since it was bought abroad.

Sep 13, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #92 of 530
Anyone experiencing imbalance? My right earpiece is audibly softer/less dynamic than the left. Doesn't matter if i swap the signal around, so surely its not my amp's imbalance. I played a mono track and it is indeed softer/more distant but not lower in volume, if that makes any sense.

It was always there and I initially thought its just my right ears' poorer seal. But when I wore it downwards and fliped L&R channels, imbalance is still there in the left ear!

Im sure its not the cable since I swapped the cables and the softnes in the right earpiece remains.

Its very subtle but annoying. Cant return it since it was bought abroad.

What about contacting Pioneer? They will be under warranty.

Sep 13, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #93 of 530
Will have to try those tips.

The KZ Starlines are also good
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32726427364.html

I have the Codonguri actually...I've barely listened to it. It's lifeless and veiled, has a ton of driver flex. It's a nice looking IEM though. Have been looking to sell it

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #95 of 530
Just go for them Fahim, I'm sure you won't be disappointed

No freq graph b/c they aren't popular. Pioneer is a big brand but in the headphone game they aren't too popular. After buying the CH9T I bought myself the HRM-6 and love them. Portable goodness

I read these are the budget ones when they came out. Not gonna be the flagship. I'm sure they will do another hybrid. The CH9T is like the DJE 1500 in many ways so I'm sure there will probably be higher improved earphone based on the DJE 2000 with a dual or possibly triple hybrid. $99 is not not gonna be the Pioneer flagship :)

Was it you Lurk that jumped on the SE-E3 ironman?? They did put out something better...
2_000000150882.jpg

The SE-E5TY and BT version SE-E7BTY
imgrc0073234165.jpg

Sep 13, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #96 of 530
Yes I have those Ironman ones, they need to go back to Amazon. The midrange is sucked out, veiled, not clear at all. Really sucks.

Sep 13, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #97 of 530
Just looked and Pioneer is about to release a new line of DJ Full Size Cans. The flagship, HDJ-X10 will be $340. 5hz-40Khz. I am tempted, I enjoy the HRM-6 a lot.

Sep 13, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #98 of 530
Will have to try those tips.

The KZ Starlines are also good
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32726427364.html

I have the Codonguri actually...I've barely listened to it. It's lifeless and veiled, has a ton of driver flex. It's a nice looking IEM though. Have been looking to sell it
Yeah, the flex really hard with the wrong tips. Took me like 10-12 tips before finding a good. They're a bit treble happy after burn in though. Still slightly u shape.

Sep 13, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #99 of 530
I haven't noticed any flex with these, thankfully. Like I said before, the Litz cable from CA seemed to increase the treble a bit, I like it, using Spiral Dots last night and it helped to smooth out the treble a bit though noticeably maybe a bit "fuzzy" whereas the Large Startips seemed to sharpen the sound but didn't feel as comfy. Gonna test out the Medium Starline tonight. If they don't work then I'll just be content with the SD. It's gym use so I don't need super accurate sound but clarity to immerse myself and have time fly as I'm on the boring elliptical is what I need lol

If anybody is interested as a sidenote, since I now have the CA Lyra II, I'm selling my AKG N40. It's a great IEM, just no need for it https://head-fi.org/threads/akg-n40.860202/

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #103 of 530
UPDATE:

Just solved my imbalance issue. Just dirt inside the filter on the right earpiece. ( i bough the CH9T used)

And HOLY crap what a difference it was. So it wasn't a fit or tips issue after all. Much better mids and highs. Bass is no longer as bothersome as I earlier reported; now i get bass on both channels.

I have no more complaints, what a beast of an IEM indeed. Even using narrower 4mm tips(like the KZ), its no longer as dull like earlier reported.

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #104 of 530
Great to hear. I can save 30 bucks and just get some decent tips :D
KZ Starlines are pack of 3 (S/M/L) for $1.

I tested out the Medium Stars last night and they worked best for the fit and sound on these for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back