Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1
Aug 4, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #257 of 2,189
  I don't think you've heard the TH900. Its not lush sounding at all, or romantic. While the frequency response is coloured, it presents a clear picture of the original sound thanks to good extension on both frequency ends and very low distortion throughout. It lacks presence in the lower mid-range, necessary for a lush sound, thus separating its powerful bass from the mid-range for its trademark clean, spacious sound. The Master 1 is similar to the TH900 in that it has a strong bass response ( a bit above neutral IMO) for a  dynamic can while not bleeding into the mid-range.

Very good description.  Compare  to the Sony MDR-Z7, which has a similar voicing except that it pushes that lower mid-range.   This punches up the warmth but also muddies up the imaging. (The Sony also is more distorted and doesn't extend as far up top but the TH900 is simply in another class overall).  

That said I have heard 'luscious' used to describe elevated bass in general so I can see it being used  for the TH900 when compared to an HD800 for instance.

can't see your problem: balanced cable is 3pin as is one option of the U-05 amp headphone outputs;

still waiting for my balanced cable; looks like it has not arrived in Germany yet

Not really a problem, just an odd choice.  Most new amps these days are coming with the 4pin out but not all are including the dual 3 pins.  (Ragnarok and OPPO HA-1 for instance).  This is the first 3pin balanced cable I've seen for a few years.  The engineers were possibly aiming for the entrenched Pioneer customer base with older amps?

Aug 17, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #261 of 2,189
Does the article available online or it's only printed??

Thanks!
  new test in german magazine "Stereo" (September 2015):

Hifiman HE-1000: 100 points
Pioneer SE-Master 1: 94 points
Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited: 90 points

Does the article available online or it's only printed??

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #263 of 2,189
Hi all tried to buy these headphones from 3 UK suppliers all had zero stock.

Apparently there will be 25 units released in September 2015 allocated to the whole world!!!

I may try price Japan.

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #265 of 2,189
I heard 3 per country for most West-European countries (and UK) in August although they haven't come in here yet and 25 per WE country in September. Don't know about US and Asia though. Info from a UK dealer and a dealer in another WE country, both the same info, both official Pioneer dealers.

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #266 of 2,189
Hi all tried to buy these headphones from 3 UK suppliers all had zero stock.

Apparently there will be 25 units released in September 2015 allocated to the whole world!!!

I may try price Japan.

Which uk suppliers did you try

Stone Audio
Hifi Lounge
Hi-end Headphones

Aug 26, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #269 of 2,189
Hi Phil I spoke to you or one of your colleagues- I'm leaving the UK tomorrow so I was unable to purchase your demo pair.
I'm also missing the London Canjam event
frown.gif

Sorry mrtim6. :frowning2:

Aug 31, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #270 of 2,189
Sorry for my late Impressions about the Master 1(i was on Holidays for many weeks on the Mountains)

i say the same as at the beginning in the thread,very unique soundsignature,very very comfortable(the best in my Collection),i have the felling that i hear in this case two Hp united in the Master 1(K812&TH900)

Very good paring with my AK 240&and with my MOON NEO 430 HA with balanced Cable

Regards NOMAX

PS.I was Crazy enough that i was Buying two of these rare HP'S a few months ago LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back